True detective series 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbf no one give a shit about McConaghey when they booked him for season 1 as this was shit before his oscar winning performance in Dallas buyers clerb. I think it's actually a pretty solid bit of casting with these 2 as you can't argue they're well known leading movie stars. Unfortunately can't see this show going past 3 seasons as it's difficult to keep this specific theme fresh with ideas.

Loved reading how in the first season when Rust has to get his way out that rough neighbourhood it was shot all in one take for about 9 minutes

Are we all forgetting that Matthew McConauhey spent years doing shit romcom after another?

He's a cracking actor but those kind of films are usually a canny payday for minimal effort.

Super A-list actors don't do TV, were you expecting Brad Pitt and Leo?

It started off well but the storyline was not strong enough to bear the weight of the performances.
The ending was ridiculous and on a par with "it was all a dream".
I really enjoyed it but will agree that the beginning was by far stronger. The last episode tied things up a little too neatly as well.

The last 3 episodes of S1 were utter chod.

Episode 5 ,the Reggie Ledoux compound, big reveals and teasers all over the shop, is the finest 1 hour of television I've ever seen.
As soon as they left the interview room it went down hill at a rate of knots.

Are we all forgetting that Matthew McConauhey spent years doing shit romcom after another?

He's a cracking actor but those kind of films are usually a canny payday for minimal effort.

Brad Pitt is going into tv.

It's widely known that TV is taking over movies as far as quality writing and scripts hence movie actors drifting over ,A list just means flavour of the month and really you're watching them in a film not the character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back