UK ordered to pay £1.7bn more to EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger Senseless

Because of its economic performance. Same to Holland if I heard right.

France and Germany to receive rebates.

So effectively the UK is paying France and Germany, because its economy is doing better than theirs.

Farage will have friction burns by the time he's inevitably on the telly later today.

Thats an extra 20% of the annual contribution. Dutch and British governments talking about joining forces for a legal challenge.

Payment due on 1st December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29751124

Last edited by a moderator:

Isnt that the whole point of the eu, to look after each other, so the countries doing better look after those not doing so well?
I know its not fashionable anymore to look after the 'weak' but cameron should man the fuck up and stop crying that he has to do what he is legally obliged to do.

Isnt that the whole point of the eu, to look after each other, so the countries doing better look after those not doing so well?
I know its not fashionable anymore to look after the 'weak' but cameron should man the fuck up and stop crying that he has to do what he is legally obliged to do.

I thought we weren't in the EU :eek:

By "weak" do you mean lacking the guts to make painful economic choices. Like France.?

Aye but...it'll end up in a cupboard for the Euro MP's and their families to dip into when they feel a bit light or need cheering up. iirc the EEC has never had its accounts signed off, so god knows what is going on with it. Perhaps if they sorted that out everyone could have a refund/rebate.

Cameron's response should be "Sure mate, just send a copy of your calculations and signed off accounts, and I'll have George check them and pop a cheque in the post.".

Aye but...it'll end up in a cupboard for the Euro MP's and their families to dip into when they feel a bit light or need cheering up. iirc the EEC has never had its accounts signed off, so god knows what is going on with it. Perhaps if they sorted that out everyone could have a refund/rebate.
Curse you, always one step ahead.

I'd rather that 'those not doing so well', would man the fuck up and do what they're morally obliged to do.

This^^.. i was under the impression we only had one foot in the EU, so to speek
or indeed 1.7bn feet.

just read the text of the note sent by the EU

it was "aware that in some cases this might have a significant budgetary impact in terms of cash flow". it's 2bn, of course it f***ing does!

the EU really are on a different planet.

Last edited:
By "weak" do you mean lacking the guts to make painful economic choices. Like France.?

This. And France is by no means the worst.

I don't want my hard earned taxes going to countries who don't follow the same basic financial rules as us.

I also don't want my dosh going to bale-out any country which decided the Euro joint currency was a good idea, and ended up with a currency which is unworkable and costing them billions. Especially when even idiots like me, with the most basic grasp on financial matters, warned from the outset that a fiscal union would be a farce.

Can one of the EU lovers who regularly deride people like me please answer me these questions.

Where is the value for money for all the money we put in ?

If there are only 4 major net contributors to this cabal, how come every member benefits financially ? Do they have a magic money tree ?

We've just got to get out of this wretched cesspit as quickly as we can.
I don't want zero ties, but I want new looser ones, as opposed to the current loser ones.

There's a soundbite for somebody.

This is definety a cameron face palm moment :lol:

Cameron's going to look like the weak leader he is no matter the outcome here.

I for one can't wait
Could be an opportunity for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back