What's the one greatest sound you have ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not including songs or manmade music or birth of kids, that is too easy.

One summer time I was doing a sculpture in deep in Grizdale Forest and every now and then the sound of waves of the wind on the tree tops would creep across the foliage increasing in volume as it came closer, to then to pass over my head like a roaring train then decrease in volume as it went down the valley, to leave me in beautiful silence for a minute or so until the next roar came along came along.
One of the most wonderful of experiences:-D

What is the one greatest sound you have heard?

Last edited:

The Fulwell End, roaring after Big Vic scored against Man City. :cool:

The sound of my baby daughter in her cot through the baby monitor just after she had discovered how to blow raspberries.

Or a Supermarine Spitfire flying overhead.

Twas two seasons ago. Chelsea had just beaten us either 2 or 3 - 1 on a fine summer evening. Stood in the garden, I let rip with what I thought would be a silent little rascle of a fart. However, it was not. Oh, no. It was more similar to a sonic boom. I was very proud as some cheerful jester shouted, 'Bravo'. This plucky chap was stood in a taxi rank which is across the yonder field and must be a good 500 yards away. I felt very proud of my thunder pants. Sometimes, during those dark and cold January days, I remind myself of this moment to just get through the day.

May I congratulate the young man above for his spelling of Fulwell.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you rebuild an engine, put it in the frame, check everything, and it starts first kick, that my friend, is music.:cool:

Not including songs or manmade music.

One summer time I was doing a sculpture in deep in Grizdale Forest and every now and then the sound of waves of the wind on the tree tops would creep across the foliage increasing in volume as it came closer, to then to pass over my head like a roaring train then decrease in volume as it went down the valley, to leave me in beautiful silence for a minute or so until the next roar came along came along.
One of the most wonderful of experiences:-D

What is the one greatest sound you have heard?

Hidden talents Tunny. :cool:

I love the sound of the sea crashing on a rocky shore while Oyster Catchers call overhead. Also the sounds of the sea lapping against the pier in some remote harbour town in the west of Scotland. Also, the night sounds of a Mediterranean/warmer country, like the frogs that go "freep freep freep" all night. :lol:

The sound of my baby daughter in her cot through the baby monitor just after she had discovered how to blow raspberries.

:lol:

Kids laughing is a good one.

Twas two seasons ago. Chelsea had just beaten us either 2 or 3 - 1 on a fine summer evening. Stood in the garden, I let rip with what I thought would be a silent little rascle of a fart. However, it was not. Oh, no. It was more similar to a sonic boom. I was very proud as some cheerful jester shouted, 'Bravo'. This plucky chap was stood in a taxi rank which is across the yonder field and must be a good 500 yards away. I felt very proud of my thunder pants. Sometimes, during those dark and cold January days, I remind myself of this moment to just get through the day.

May I congratulate the young man above for his spelling of Fulwell.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my baby daughter cry after she came too after open heart surgery

The sound of Stags rutting whilst wild camping in remote Western Scotland..incredible!

The ball clattering the stumps to get a wicket.

Or the sweet sound of a well timed cover drive going for 4 when you're the one batting.

Been ages since I heard either, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back