What's the one greatest sound you have ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me and my mate were staying over anothe rmates house
we were about 17 i think at the time, he had a git big house and we would all stay in the same room, one on the bed n two on the floor ( LOL! NOT KISSING! )
anyway i baggsied the bed on night and it was sleepytime
so lights out, everyone settling, we were a bit giddy n had had a few drinks
anyway
the lad nearest me whisperred up that he was going to flick a snot at steve
so he did
we giggled even though it was too dark to see where it went
i leant down n whisperred to him " im going to hit mr burns "
there was a simpson poster at the far end of the room with mr burns on it
we were giggling away now, ridiculously
anyhow i hoyked this git cornflake sized bastard out my nose, rolled it a bit tween thy fingers, then flicked it
there was a good 2 second gap between the sound of the flick and the sound of something small and gentle colliding with a sheet of loose-hanging paper
couldnt believe it
such a delicate tap as it hit mr burns
me n my mate couldnt speak we were almost pissing ourselves laughign while the other lad in sheer panic wakes up thinking we've drawn on him or shaved his hair :lol:

Has to be when I was in Mexico last year. For the first 4 days there was constant rain and a hurricane was expected to pass over at any time. Anyway, on the 3rd or 4th night the wind was picking up and there was a little sense of panic in the resort.
We were woken up in the middle of the night by this unbelievable noise, just like when you are at the edge of a platform and a high speed train passes through. Only this was like 9 or 10 trains and continued solidly for 10 minutes or so. Stupidly I went out onto the balcony just as an uprooted tree flew through the air and into the pool.
Very scary but the noise was awesome and I'll never forget it

the sound of a nice bit of fillet steak hitting a hot griddle pan :cool:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg

'91 (i think) at Finningley Airshow

The sound of the Russian Mig 25s display team.

The sound of Peace......ish Well at least for a short time

A V8 engine, which was fitted in me mate's 1971 Jenson Interceptor. He kept it in a lockup, and when he fired it up, you couldn't hear over it. When he revved it a wee bit, the f***ing walls shook. Goosebumps.

Lying on Mullaloo Beach in WA, with my eyes shut at near sunset after a great family BBQ day and listening to the waves crashing like thunder on my right and travelling to my left, like a sonic kiss !!

:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back