Who is the fastest player ever in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good answer. I would say Buckley is just as quick.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You arent serious are you? Buckley has no real pace, he is a strong runner over a distance like Kilbane or Dirk Kuyt but he is no faster than Billy Jones or Rodwell.

Ronaldo is rapid; Henry is probably the quickest ive seen live.

Ronaldo is rapid; Henry is probably the quickest ive seen live.
Thing is it's one thing being fast, it's another being fast and have close control of a football, these two and Bale are probably the best I've seen live, Hazard and Sanchez have the best balance at speed I've seen, straight line speed and quick off the mark maybe Owen in his youth?

I honestly don't know. Who outran Kieran Richardson, who I thought was quick!

Walcott is an obvious contender for all those England supporters.

Odd that given the importance of speed the information on players isn't readily available. Time over 40yds is a standard measure in recruiting for American football.

In his prime (outside of England)
Andriy Shevchenko looked rapid

Odd that given the importance of speed the information on players isn't readily available. Time over 40yds is a standard measure in recruiting for American football.

I think it is important.

Malcolm McDonald was real fast and I am sure he ran a 10.6 in Superstars

Cant remember his name but a top French sprinter said stephane sessegnon could have been a Olympic Sprinter.

In 1975 the world record for 100m was 9.9 seconds. Supermac did it in 10.9 on Superstars. I'm sure there must be better but very decent at that time.

Thing is it's one thing being fast, it's another being fast and have close control of a football, these two and Bale are probably the best I've seen live, Hazard and Sanchez have the best balance at speed I've seen, straight line speed and quick off the mark maybe Owen in his youth?

Sanchez is tricky but not that fast. Not that sudden turn and in the back of the net. Acceleration. I've seen Ian Rush do better (past).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back