Worst World Cup of All Time…

Football wise, 1990 was one defences were at their peak, and some of the football was dire, and then there was the hooliganism, it was almost like the last World Cup before football changed forever, certainly in this country with the coming of the Premier League, foreign players, new stadiums, tika taka etc.

As an all round spectacle, difficult to say, as I look forward to and enjoy them all, for different reasons, if pressed probably USA 94, obviously England not involved, and only the exploits of the Irish to keep people interested, plus I dislike America and everything it stands for, so probably a bit biased here.
Was f***ing noisy !
The Vuvezela :rolleyes: horrendous

Turgid shit. England were lucky as fuck to qualify from group and were terrible!
But some great moments. Platt versus Belgium at the death, 3-2 versus Cameroon, Lineker equalising against West Germany and the Waddler hitting the bar from the half way line. Then the devastation of him and Pearce missing in the shoot-out. Reckon we would have won the final too. My fave ever World Cup as a young 16 year old.

Help settle an argument.

What in your view was the worst World Cup ever?

Personally I’m going 2010, 1994, and I was surprisingly unenthusiastic about 2006 too. Seemed a come down after 2002, which was a banger.
Usa 94. We didn't qualify, and it seemed naff at the time, although we all had Baggio braids stuck in our hair at school til the head teacher decreed they weren't allowed. Imagine that now.

Back