Would You Take A Defeat Today To Get Beale Sacked?

Nah

Find it mental that any genuine Sunderland fan would even contemplate that, and as hopeless as he appears to be the problems at the club run far deeper than him.

Short term pain

For long term gain
I get why someone asks the 'stupid' question because if we win an 'easy' game today but then lose the next 3 but then somehow win another game or maybe 2 then it's just extending the misery but then have less time to do anything to get anything out of the season.

For someone to answer the question yes and take a single defeat today (which they'd soon get over) is a small sacrifice given the vast majority want him gone yet they can't say that as they're not a true supporter.

Would someone stay with a partner who treats them badly most of the time but then takes them out for a meal or buys them flowers once in a while?

Would someone let someone else they love die to save millions of people, including all the other people that someone loves/knows?
I'm talking rubbish just for shit & giggles
You say long term gain but one concern being is that if Beale went, who would replace him as it could get worse.

But if someone asked "Would you take a defeat today to get Beale sacked as we'd 100% bring in Steve Cooper?" would it still be a no from people?

I’d rather we won and turned things around. This anti Beale stuff is boring now. Get behind the lads in the field and give the head coach something to maybe think twice about our fan base. He’s got nowt but dogs abuse before he even was announced.

As much as I don’t like the kernt, I could never wish for the lads to get beat.

Opinions?
No, because if we win it still keeps alive hopes, albeit fading, of getting into the playoffs. Still possible if we lose of course, but I think a loss today would be a massive body blow to those hopes.

Back