XL Bullies

Ignore him, mate. He does nothing other than whinge on post after post…. although he seems to get his intellectual stimulation and excitement from watching The Chase. Gets very chipper about that 😳😄😄

I asked him a genuine question and I think it overloaded his last brain cell.
I do enjoy The Chase mind

Am that sad I watch it on +1 cos I dont get in from work til about 6
:)

I don't think a lot of owners realise in general that some people, especially kids don't like dogs jumping all over them. If I see any dog make any kind of bee line for my youngun I'll pick him up. Usually greeted by the owner saying they are fine and playful but I'm not going to take that chance. Personally I think there's a decent case to make it law that any dog out in public should be wearing a mussel
A couple of years ago I was out walking with my 3 yr old grandson when a Jack Russell came running out of the bushes and started jumping up at him ..he was terrified.. the owner wasnt happy after I had kicked it over the hedge and back to where it came from..my wife is terrified of any dog and I will do the same again ..

A couple of years ago I was out walking with my 3 yr old grandson when a Jack Russell came running out of the bushes and started jumping up at him ..he was terrified.. the owner wasnt happy after I had kicked it over the hedge and back to where it came from..my wife is terrified of any dog and I will do the same again ..
Bit of an over reaction don’t you think ?

You’ll have the bairn terrified of dogs going on like that .

Bit of an over reaction don’t you think ?

You’ll have the bairn terrified of dogs going on like that .
Shouldn't be off the lead, well within his rights for me. What if the dog had bit the kid? Doesn't even need to be down to be scared, maybe they just dont like dogs. Could be dressed up for a night out and not want a dog jumping all over you. Showed always be under control in public.

Shouldn't be off the lead, well within his rights for me. What if the dog had bit the kid? Doesn't even need to be down to be scared, maybe they just dont like dogs. Could be dressed up for a night out and not want a dog jumping all over you. Showed always be under control in public.
I agree they should be under control, however mistakes happen.

Totally over the top , he could have ended up been kicked to fuck by the owner .
No example to set any bairn being frightened of dogs and especially booting them. Different if they are showing aggression,well within your rights. That little Jackie will have just wanted to play.

Totally over the top , he could have ended up been kicked to fuck by the owner .
No example to set any bairn being frightened of dogs and especially booting them. Different if they are showing aggression,well within your rights. That little Jackie will have just wanted to play.
And you're going to take that chance with your 3 year old like? Nah fuck that, takes a second to snap and your child is scarred for life or worse.

And you're going to take that chance with your 3 year old like? Nah fuck that, takes a second to snap and your child is scarred for life or worse.
As a rational person I’d have been able tell if it meant any malice or not by the time it took even contemplate lifting my foot.

I don’t go round punching blokes who get to close to our lass or the daughter incase they do them harm. Silly argument your putting across .

As a rational person I’d have been able tell if it meant any malice or not by the time it took even contemplate lifting my foot.

I don’t go round punching blokes who get to close to our lass or the daughter incase they do them harm. Silly argument your putting across .
Eh its your argument that is daft comparing an adult human being close to your relations as the same as an out of control dog off a lead 😂.

Your talking common sense mate, won't go down well in this thread 😉

We were on a bus about ten years ago - we had walked from Runswick Bay to Whitby and decided we were too knackered to walk back. We had the dog in my profile pic with us. She had never been on a bus before and it took a while to coax her on - she was on her lead and was in no way, shape, or form, an aggressive dog. Very docile and well-behaved. And, I stress again, on a lead.

We sat in the first row of seats and the dog lay on the floor at our feet. She was curious and inquisitive, looking around, ears alert, at this strange vehicle we had brought her onto. A little girl, sitting with her Mam in the row behind us, saw the dog glance at her and began screaming and crying in fear. I'm not one of these people who'll try and convince someone who is obviously frightened to stroke the dog, or convince them she was harmless (which she was, to be fair).

I apologised to the girl's Mam and made sure the dog didn't look in her direction again by keeping a tighter hold on her lead. A woman opposite us tried to show the little girl that there was nothing to worry about by stroking and patting the dog ( who loved every minute of it). Eventually, the little lass calmed down and ended up looking at the dog in a different light, thanks to the complete stranger who was making a fuss of her.

I don't think her fear of dogs (maybe just big dogs) was fully alleviated but I'd like to think that she might not have reacted in the same way the next time she encountered a dog like ours.

We were on a bus about ten years ago - we had walked from Runswick Bay to Whitby and decided we were too knackered to walk back. We had the dog in my profile pic with us. She had never been on a bus before and it took a while to coax her on - she was on her lead and was in no way, shape, or form, an aggressive dog. Very docile and well-behaved. And, I stress again, on a lead.

We sat in the first row of seats and the dog lay on the floor at our feet. She was curious and inquisitive, looking around, ears alert, at this strange vehicle we had brought her onto. A little girl, sitting with her Mam in the row behind us, saw the dog glance at her and began screaming and crying in fear. I'm not one of these people who'll try and convince someone who is obviously frightened to stroke the dog, or convince them she was harmless (which she was, to be fair).

I apologised to the girl's Mam and made sure the dog didn't look in her direction again by keeping a tighter hold on her lead. A woman opposite us tried to show the little girl that there was nothing to worry about by stroking and patting the dog ( who loved every minute of it). Eventually, the little lass calmed down and ended up looking at the dog in a different light, thanks to the complete stranger who was making a fuss of her.

I don't think her fear of dogs (maybe just big dogs) was fully alleviated but I'd like to think that she might not have reacted in the same way the next time she encountered a dog like ours.
Our lass was absolutely petrified of dogs when I met her, it was all down to her mam being frightened of dogs and her instilling that fear into our lass by the way she will have reacted to dogs
Fast forward 30 year and my love of dogs has eventually rubbed off on her, she cuddles and kisses a blue staff like it’s her only child.

She admits now she looks at animals in general in a completely different light. She understands they have feelings etc themselves.

Sets a bad example for the kid, if he’s around a placid dog and he just goes up and boots it cos he’s seen his fatha do it things could go very wrong in a flash

Then a innocent dog destroyed because of a bad example set

So, the knackerhead was transporting them to Scotland where the new laws don’t apply.

It was ‘probably the strongest XLBully I’ve handled’ and was under the control (?!?!?!) of an 18 year old girl when it attacked a dog and 3 people were also injured.

FFS, absolute morons ‘rescuing’ these things and taking them where it’s legal.

Either muzzle them or have them humanely euthanised. Same goes for the simpleton chavs who have them un muzzled.

Last edited:
Sets a bad example for the kid, if he’s around a placid dog and he just goes up and boots it cos he’s seen his fatha do it things could go very wrong in a flash

Then a innocent dog destroyed because of a bad example set
Difference is he won’t have done it . Him shooing the dog away with his foot as manifested into volleying it over a hedge.

Back