2015 Cycling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still no bike, the Rose has too long a delivery time and the Canyon is jusy a bit more than I want to spend.

Any thoughts on these?

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/cannondale-caadx-105-cyclocross-bike-2015-p258055

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/colnago-world-cup-disc-105-2015/

General riding, including road and bridleway type stuff. Commuting as well, the cannondale has front and rear guard mounts the other only front but I can easily use an ass saver.

Those two are a lot more cyclocross race orientated than the Canyon mind. What about the Planet X London Road?

nice looking bike that

Innit. I want one. Might sack off the Canyon rebuild.

Kwiatkowski...
:cool:

Ya knar why a like him - Standard issue team shorts. The lad knows the craic.

Last edited:
Those two are a lot more cyclocross race orientated than the Canyon mind. What about the Planet X London Road?

Thought about one of them, especially now they do them in black rather than snot green. It does seem to do everything I want, but a few posters on other forums seem to have gotten rid of their and moved onto CAADX frames and the like.

Loads of people seem to use the Cannondale as a commuter.

Thought about one of them, especially now they do them in black rather than snot green. It does seem to do everything I want, but a few posters on other forums seem to have gotten rid of their and moved onto CAADX frames and the like.

Loads of people seem to use the Cannondale as a commuter.

Why?

My Croix de Fer is growing on me.

Was reading this yesterday, the designer has a fund raising page set up and everyone who donates gets money off buying one

aye for under £200 :eek:

be tempted to wait for left and right option..even that will be reasonably priced.
At the very least it should bring down the other over priced options

I can't believe vectors are £800

aye madness.
Wouldn't be my option.

The expedo Thrust E look a good pedal based option.
But still about £650

Be interesting to read some reviews of the cheaper PM's.
Stages get decent reviews( even though only one side recorded) but still overpriced IMO

The daddy of them all is the SRM but stupidly priced and servicing/re calibration etc mean needs to be sent to Germany

Last edited:
Cables > hydros.
Do you reckon? Been using Hydros for over 30 years bringing neck end of 1/4 of a tonne down on the motorbike. No Abs or similar on mine (they are using it on more modern ones now) I have total faith in it as I do on both my mtbs, in fact the brakes on my GT is the only good thing on it. Never used cables but would be surprised if they are any better. IMO of course ;)

Trek have ordered a recall of all bikes with disk brakes and QR skewers, they have said it's worldwide and anyone who has bought a bike between 2000 and 2015 with the above should visit their local dealer to have the QR Skewers changed

There's a concern that because the skewer will go past 180 degrees there is a risk of it damaging the brake rotor or worst case put you over the bars.

It's on their official twitter and reports are starting to hit the major biking sites

Risk should be minimal if you regularly check but there's always a chance and worth getting it swapped

Not sure if this the right topic to post on anyway anyone recommend a bike to me about the 200 mark looking to get back into cycling nothing major just mainly weekend thing and the odd evening

Absolutely brilliant ride out tonight, a rolling 50km. Couldn't help but smile for most of it.

Trek have ordered a recall of all bikes with disk brakes and QR skewers, they have said it's worldwide and anyone who has bought a bike between 2000 and 2015 with the above should visit their local dealer to have the QR Skewers changed

There's a concern that because the skewer will go past 180 degrees there is a risk of it damaging the brake rotor or worst case put you over the bars.

It's on their official twitter and reports are starting to hit the major biking sites

Risk should be minimal if you regularly check but there's always a chance and worth getting it swapped

15 years to realise? Bloody hell.

Not sure if this the right topic to post on anyway anyone recommend a bike to me about the 200 mark looking to get back into cycling nothing major just mainly weekend thing and the odd evening

I'd suggest going to a bike shop or even Halfords and see what you like.
If you have a friend into cycling then they could look into 2nd hand for you. Or, give us an idea of your size and what you are after,I'll have a look on gumtree.

If you go new, try not to get suspension forks, they are usually shite and just add weight.

Any questions really, ask away, plenty of people ready to offer their opinions.

You'd be best speaking to a local bike shop. At that price point, second hand is the way to go; speak to the bike shop, see if that's something they do.

If you can, have a look in Decathlon/Halfords too. Might see something you fancy and value wise, a lot of their bikes can't be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back