Advocates appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted to see Dick go.

We've played some good football but sadly never for 90 mins. Sure he's made errors - dropping JoS instead of starting with him then and looking to introduce the others when fitter/integrated, persisting with PVA despite his abysmal form, probably swung to far into attack mode and left ourselves too open.

But he's left us with some useful players - M'Vila, Lens, Toivonen (sp?), Borini, rather than the dross that gus and mad pdc lumbered us with. Fans will always want more and better players, but Dick was obviously pushing for signings in the summer and Short responded to some extent with these.

I wish him well.

Utterly crass post - he's done the absolute opposite, i.e. walked away rather than waiting to be sacked and getting a big payout.
He still picked pva....he still changed the team week in week out.
Ffs man grow a pair and open your eyes......he didnt walk on water. Hes been paid how much? Nobody said he took a payoff....but he wasnt on the living wage was he.....fucked us about imo.

Thank fuck for Dick. Finally exposing the club for the desperate, tragic-comedy it has become deep within itself.

It's no use blaming anyone and everyone. There's no single person or factor at fault. We are premier league misfits.

Never have I wanted a Sunderland manager to succeed as much as Dick Advocaat.

Thanks for the memories Dick, you deserved so much better from the board and those pitiful excuse for footballers than you got.

Lot worse than Dick have managed this club in recent years. At least had the grace to fuck off in an orderly timed fashion.

Enjoy your time out Dick

Thanks for the time with us and thanks from my lad at the Doncaster game. made it special for him.

One of us now! The rest of the country only pretend, We do it for real!

Seen he didn't take a financial settlement, proper gentleman always had a touch of class about him. The players should be disgusted with themselves.

Oi Dick?

Why did you come back?
I mean thanks for last season and all that but coming back for a season and bailing out.....must have got a good wedge for a final payday eh?
Bar yesterday most of your team selections were shite and inconsistant......

Sorry dick.....my rose tinted glasses are broke and the one season shite suited you not us.

*waves with two fingers......bottling ****.

Left without a payoff you wanker.

Ah just thanks. You were honest, sincere and seemed to understand the depth of feelings that the fans have for the club. And you did inspire the players but they genuinely weren't good enough in the time you worked with them. But yesterday in the first half their respect for you shone through.
I hope you have good health, a lot of love , happy times, sun on your face and loads of loving grandchildren.
Go gently into the night good friend.

The most successful manager in terms of trophy wise? And 7 month here has driven him to the edge

Thanks dick, can go with his head high despite a few tactical blunders this year. For a reserved bloke he "got" what the club means to the normal fans and I honestly think that's partly why he went to try give us a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back