Any new VW Golf owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was looking for a nearly new, reliable, well specced and affordable mid-sized hatch, I would seriously consider a KIA.

I haven't ever driven one like, but they just seem to get better and better.
Your right on the line for what you can get, 12k 2 year old diesel and you looking at an Astra, Civic, Focus that sort of car.

For 13k and 3 year old which tbh you can get some cash off, you can probably pick up an a3, 1 series coupe, golf etc

12 year old Golf GTTDi here! 150BHP PD engine. 110k miles on it and still performs like new and returns around 45mpg.
IMO they're the best hatch on the road. Built like a brick shit house, reliable. The only things I've replaced on it in three years of ownership are the strut top bearings and coil springs, which I knew needed doing when I bought it, and the battery.
I'm going to replace the leather gearstick gaitor as it's looking very worn now, but the leather seats are in very good condition. It's the best of both worlds - a reliable, solid, economical workhorse, and a real performer when you fancy opening it up a bit.

The new SEAT Leon's are worth a look. Based on the VAG MQB platform like the Mk7 Golf, they share the same engines and components . A VW Golf without the veneer and a friendlier price tag.

The new SEAT Leon's are worth a look. Based on the VAG MQB platform like the Mk7 Golf, they share the same engines and components . A VW Golf without the veneer and a friendlier price tag.

Really like the look of the Leons, a mate has one and he loves it.

I'm currently torn between getting a newer plate motor from the more affordable brands like ford/kia/hyundai with lows miles etc or spending the same amount of money and getting an older model from the likes of BMW/Audi with higher miles etc

golfs decent? was fancying a one myself but I drive down to middlesbrough 5 days a week for work so assuming diesel will make a much better difference for me overall to save some cash etc? any advice would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back