Are all athiests angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get reasonably irked twice a year, but I can safely say I'm surrounded by an extremely large equally irritated crowd of people who I've never actually considered asking whether they are religious or not. Mind, for the last few years any anger I have is usually overtaken by total exuberance after about 25 minutes of play :lol:

Apparently not and certainly no more than people of faith.

'Science suggests that atheists are no more prone to anger than people of faith – but everyone believes that they are.'

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/oliver-burkeman-column/2015/mar/03/are-atheists-all-angry
If everyone believes that they are (and I don't believe that for one second) it is because the anti theists who shout/cry the loudest become the focus that people model their opinion on and of course not all atheists are anti theist. It's exactly the same as people judging an entire religion based upon the words and actions of a minority. The same way in which football fans can be judged en masse because of the actions of a minority of idiots.

In all things human perception is everything.

I'm not angry, I just get frustrated at how stupid people can be when it comes to blinding following religions.

Why would you be frustrated by people having a faith?

I very rarely get angry.

I have in the past called God a bastard and a twat. This isn't me being angry, I'm simply pointing out the Abrahamic deity which I was forced to believe in is a shithouse.

If I get angry on here I use this :evil:

I get outraged when I hear about religious based kiddy abuse.
But celeb noncing is just a bit unpalatable?

If everyone believes that they are (and I don't believe that for one second) it is because the anti theists who shout/cry the loudest become the focus that people model their opinion on and of course not all atheists are anti theist. It's exactly the same as people judging an entire religion based upon the words and actions of a minority. The same way in which football fans can be judged en masse because of the actions of a minority of idiots.

In all things human perception is everything.
Except the mags who have a bellend majority.

Atheism has become a religion all of its own, with Dickie Dawkins behaving like a prophet to his young know-it-all disciples.

They sound a lot like extremists the way they go on. Humourless, pompous and completely convinced that the intense old fella feeding them this stuff is absolutely right.

Not at all like Evangelists, the Catholic Church or Islam :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Atheism has become a religion all of its own, with Dickie Dawkins behaving like a prophet to his young know-it-all disciples.

They sound a lot like extremists the way they go on. Humourless, pompous and completely convinced that the creepy old fella feeding them this stuff is absolutely right.

:lol: That would just about work if it wasn't for the fact that I (and just about all the atheists who post on here, I reckon) think that Richard Dawkins is a monumentally stupid twat whenever he starts banging on about religion, and I'm happy to be labelled a "shouty anti-theist" as I believe this place has it.

But you carry on.

They sound a lot like extremists the way they go on. Humourless, pompous and completely convinced that the intense old fella feeding them this stuff is absolutely right.

Just out of interest, could you retrieve a post or an internet article for us to read where an atheist has ever claimed to know all the answers?

I very rarely get angry. I think the rare occasion of having to phone call centres is about the only time I can think of.

I meant "know it all" as in their posturing, not that they actually held the secrets to the universe. I can but hope that you are not one of the shouty student types that plague my Facebook.

I don't accept the principle of "if there is no proof for the existence of God so there is no God". By that logic there were no such thing as quarks before last week. At least they should consider the possibility that God/s and by extension spirituality might exist until there is conclusive evidence either way.

Just out of interest, could you retrieve a post or an internet article for us to read where an atheist has ever claimed to know all the answers?

I very rarely get angry. I think the rare occasion of having to phone call centres is about the only time I can think of.

I meant "know it all" as in their posturing, not that they actually held the secrets to the universe. I can but hope that you are not one of the shouty student types that plague my Facebook.

I don't accept the principle of "if there is no proof for the existence of God so there is no God". By that logic there were no such thing as quarks before last week. At least they should consider the possibility that God/s and by extension spirituality might exist until there is conclusive evidence either way.

So should we assume all the other gods exist too? And hobbits while we're at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back