babies in pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh ok - didn't read that bit. I'm not saying you were wrong. The woman was well out of order. I have 3 kids and it's always a stress when a baby goes mental but 99% of people realise there's nothing you can do. Being on a plane when they go mental is always fun
Babies cry it's natures way, it a natural thing. If someone does not understand this then they deserve a squealing bairn bugging the shit out of them and pissing off any ounce of happiness they hold in their miserable souls.:)

Thing is - other than on a Friday or Saturday evening, most pubs would make bot all money. A lot of pubs make most their income now on 'gastro' food sold to families during the day....
If they make their money from families eating food at those times, don't serve alcohol. Not having a pop at the OP but if I knew a pub was serving families food and I couldn't get a pint, I'd go somewhere I could.

I was dying to go outside. Couldn't leave the table. We had bags phones games all sorts laid out. Honestly if I could have just walked I would.

I wouldn't worry about it like mate she just sounds like a typical miserable old boot who's had one too many Gin and Tonics.

Can see it from both sides. If I was having a quiet drink after work or something and a baby was screaming, I'd feel irritated, but I wouldn't have screamed in someone's face.

Maybe it you'd held the baby in one arm and started packing up with the other arm so it was obvious you were leaving, she might have been more tolerant?

The last thing anyone needs, after a week at work, is a baby screaming .......... it's a horrible noise for a good reason.

It's God's way of telling the parents that their selfishness is spoiling everyone's relaxation and enjoyment.

A pub is where people go to avoid their own kids, not to listen to other people's.

I never inflicted mine on other people.
Funny that, I've never Avoided my kids.plenty of pubs don't allow kids. Fair enough. If ya hate kids that much, drink in one of them.

Should we be allowed in a restaurant?

Not after a certain time in the evening, no.

Take your baby goggles off mate, kids are plainly annoying as fuck when placed in an adult environment like a restaurant or a pub, because people go there expecting an adult environment.

Even then, a baby crying is something everyone is annoyed by.

The bairn might be your darling and quite rightly if he or she is yours but to everyone else he or she is just a screaming bairn.

Considering the feelings of others is just common courtesy. There doesn't have to be a rule or law for it.

A crying child is no hardship, her attitude suggests she had no consideration for the feeling of others.

It's a kind and considerate attitude, misery guts feed off misery so using a crying bairn gives them the food they need to be miserable.
Aye but there's places where you shouldn't have to accept babies screams. In a cafe you can understand but in a pub no. I know some pubs gear themselves up for kids and the worst I would have done is tutted and muttered under my breath tbh, but it doesn't make it acceptable.

Not after a certain time in the evening, no.

Take your baby goggles off mate, kids are plainly annoying as fuck when placed in an adult environment like a restaurant or a pub, because people go there expecting an adult environment.

Even then, a baby crying is something everyone is annoyed by.

The bairn might be your darling and quite rightly if he or she is yours but to everyone else he or she is just a screaming bairn.
Have a like for baby goggles mate.

Can see it from both sides. If I was having a quiet drink after work or something and a baby was screaming, I'd feel irritated, but I wouldn't have screamed in someone's face.

Maybe it you'd held the baby in one arm and started packing up with the other arm so it was obvious you were leaving, she might have been more tolerant?
Nice image of kid happily kicking off in one arm but the reality was a squirming two handed job. It was a large busy pub. They are noisy. It was probably far worse to me as it was in my earshot but I can appreciate it is annoying for others but Haway man. Do you not think there but for the grace of God.

A crying child is no hardship, her attitude suggests she had no consideration for the feeling of others.
:lol: Ofcourse it is. Sounds like you enjoy listening to it. Bit weird imo.

I'm genuinely shocked that people don't think they are being inconsiderate in inflicting their kids crying on others when it can so easily be avoided. A pub is a place primarily for grown ups after all.

This is not in relationo the OP mind who seems to have been stuck in this situation and the old wife sounds like a bit of a nob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back