Barry Glendenning on the Chelsea game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Wilson is also negative when it comes to writing about us, part of me thinks they go over the top because they don't want to come across as biased towards us, bit like when Shearer is on MOTD and he rarely says anything negative towards SAFC.

Wilson knows his football though, Glendenning to me doesn't seem to have a clue what he's talking about on the FW podcast, he often speaks in cliché's and some of the comments he's made about SAFC suggest that he rarely ever watches us. He's there to provide a bit of humour I suppose, but I'd rather they just binned him off and put another journo on to discuss the games.

Jonathan Wilson is also negative when it comes to writing about us, part of me thinks they go over the top because they don't want to come across as biased towards us, bit like when Shearer is on MOTD and he rarely says anything negative towards SAFC.
Possibly. I just get a sense that glendenning thinks he is above sunderland as a club and the fans.

Maybe totally wrong though

Possibly. I just get a sense that glendenning thinks he is above sunderland as a club and the fans.

Maybe totally wrong though
Think he just has the perpetual doom merchant thing about him that a lot of our fans have. Any sort of good streak of football is temporary and will return to being shit.

I think he knows more about the game then he lets on tbh. He revels in the dead pan, I pretend not to care, dry as sticks delivery

Isnt he head honcho at the Guardian when it comes to sport?

On a side note Barney Ronay criminally underused on the podcast nowadays

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/28/premier-league-10-things-look-out-for-weekend

Not a very optimistic write up......like this part about Jozy though...

'By all accounts, the American is a tremendously nice bloke but mystery continues to surround his role at Sunderland. If he doesn’t score, can’t run particularly fast and isn’t great at holding up the ball and linking play, then what is the American actually for?'
Getting penalties against Chelsea ?

I think he knows more about the game then he lets on tbh. He revels in the dead pan, I pretend not to care, dry as sticks delivery

deputy sports editor

Wilson knows his football though, Glendenning to me doesn't seem to have a clue what he's talking about on the FW podcast, he often speaks in cliché's and some of the comments he's made about SAFC suggest that he rarely ever watches us. He's there to provide a bit of humour I suppose, but I'd rather they just binned him off and put another journo on to discuss the games.
Wilson would send a glass eye to sleep at times, extremely nuanced.

Always find Barney comes across much better in the written word.

Wilson would send a glass eye to sleep at times, extremely nuanced.

Always find Barney comes across much better in the written word.

I love his dry and sticks taking the piss attitude on the podcast:lol:

What do you call the fella that gets on there who changed his second name to his wife's when they got married?

How 'right on' can you get man:lol::lol:

Cannot say I am familiar with him to be honest but if he constantly runs us down, he goes on my shitlist database

He doesn't, so you can keep that database slot free.

He's no uberfan but gives the impression of having somewhat more than a soft spot for us.

As I said earlier, as any true SAFC fan should, he rarely misses an opportunity to deconstruct the geordie nation/toon bollocks.

We are a poor side, and have nearly gone down the last 2 seasons, same again this season

I don't think they are going over the top, we are in a massive relegation fight. I ain't moaning about it. Embrace it, but we are still in the group of the poorest teams in the league. It's only because we are so hard working that we have a chance

Bazza offers nothing more than on-the-fence, middle of the road clichéd analysis.. his soothing tones still make me melt like. Love Football Weekly me. Jimbo is a right sarcy c*nt...

Never heard of him.

Wilson just comes accross as a miserable get generally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back