Best movie of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really enjoyed them but can't understand why they've went full-CGI on the Orcs and Goblins. I thought the LOTR approach with makeup + limited CGI was more realistic and gruesome looking. He's taken liberties with the story but I'm okay with that - The Hobbit in it's unadulterated form isn't enough to sustain one, never mind three movies IMO.
Had no reason to span 3 films to begin with. The whole plot has been a wankathon link to LOTR. We've had sauron,ringwraiths,saruman going bad,legolas, gimli mentions, made up bad guys, made up scenes and other made up characters,love interest between a dwarf and an elf, the bard is some angsty brooding wannabe aragon, etc etc. Thats before you get on to the impossible CGI scenes, I know it's fantasy but haway the scene in moria was stupid beyond belief and the barrel scene was also ridiculous.

3 films to begin with was bad enough but he just took a massive dump over it.

Had no reason to span 3 films to begin with. The whole plot has been a wankathon link to LOTR. We've had sauron,ringwraiths,legolas, gimli mentions, made up bad guys, made up scenes and other made up characters,love interest between a dwarf and an elf, the bard is some angsty brooding wannabe aragon etc etc. Thats before you get on to the impossible CGI scenes, I know it's fantasy but haway the scene in moria was stupid beyond belief and the barrel scene was also ridiculous.

I can see why people wouldn't like it mate, I just still did. I agree with you on those bloody barrels mind.

Didn't think there's been owt special at all this year, but me three bes ones were...

Cold In July
Wolf of Wall Street
Blue Ruin

Haven't seen The Drop yet, but it looks like it could be canny.

Don't think its a great year for fillums but enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow and no doubt Interstellar will be high on a lot of people's lists( I wasn't convinced).
I loved that, which is saying something as i cant stand that twat cruise or 99% of sci fi stuff nowadays

The Theory of Everything
Interstellar
Edge of Tomorrow

Notwithstanding some questionable story aspects. Still good entertainment.

Looked at going to see Interstellar im Imax the other night and nearly £15 a ticket. :eek:

Even at £15 it still compares well to going to the match. Half the price and you are pretty much guaranteed a minimum of 90 minutes entertainment, in comfort, and you probably won't have to put up with people pushing past you in your seat with 10 minutes to go.

Of course you can download films at home/watch football on TV in the pub for nowt, there is always a choice, but, generally speaking, films are made to be watched in the cinema and in many cases the experience is very different to watching on your TV, however big it is.

Locke
Nightcrawler
Pride

They are mine I reckon. Saw The Imitation Game the other day. Enjoyed it at the time but in hindsight felt it was missing something.

Locke is a very good film but not made in 2014 according to IMDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back