Best Spiderman Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't believe they "rebooted" this, just a few years after the first series. Are the public really so gullible?

I can't believe they "rebooted" this, just a few years after the first series. Are the public really so gullible?

I think it was to fall in line with the new "dark realism" that the new Batman franchise started. People aren't so keen on shiny bright colours these days.

Not seen it like but any film in which Spiderman spends most of his time punching people ala Batman has missed the point.

I've been reading the very first Spiderman comics the past few months and they're as much soap opera and teen angst as they are heroes smacking each other around, and that's why Spiderman became famous rather than just one of the millions of other also ran superheros of the time who were just wearing costumes and hitting things every month.

I watches the first remake the other day and though I usually don't like superhero films I quite enjoyed that one. Spoilt by the OTT battle scene at the end though.
Talking of which I also watched man of steel recently and thought it was very good until the end scenes. it was slightly different to previous superman films with him not being a reporter and lois knowing who he was. The fight with general Zod at the end was so dull I fast forwarded most if it. Two indestructible men fighting was just pointless and reminded me off the second Matrix film which was also spoilt by the overly long fight scenes.
Whhhoooooaaaaa i gotta jump in and defend the matrix films hahaha you watched the animatrix? its class. but yer i was excited to see man of steel and i just thought it was a bit meh. I loved the dark knight trilogy

Needs more Deadpool
FUCK YER!!!!!

I think it was to fall in line with the new "dark realism" that the new Batman franchise started. People aren't so keen on shiny bright colours these days.
yer cba with mr indestructible at least batman got messed up

Loved Spider-Man 2, the Raimi one with Doc Ock. Mind you the first one with Willem DaFoe as the Green Goblin was canny too. Not keen on this reboot shite.

Saw the new one on Monday.

Was quite shocked at how Gwen Stacy died! Quite brutal, makes look like Spiderman snapped her neck while saving her.

Thought it was quite disturbing for a children's film, but when I asked my husband about as he is a big Marvel fan, was shocked when he told me she was killed the same way in the comic 40 odd years ago! Never realised comics could show such brutality even back then!

Last edited by a moderator:
the one in which Tobias Beecher is a guardian-reading, beret-wearing, bleeding-heart liberal cocksnogger

Spider legs
Spider Legs
Poking out, my Y-front Kegs.
Whhhoooooaaaaa i gotta jump in and defend the matrix films hahaha you watched the animatrix? its class. but yer i was excited to see man of steel and i just thought it was a bit meh. I loved the dark knight trilogy

FUCK YER!!!!!

yer cba with mr indestructible at least batman got messed up

I thought the original matrix was very good, him finding out about reality and his transformation into the special one or whatever he was called. That's where they should have ended it though because after that the films were mush. I don't go in for films that have endless kicking the shit out of each other. The second and third matrix films were minus a plot and full of unsympathetic characters.

Really? I thought it was because Spiderman 3 was such a f***ing mess that they needed a clean slate.

The Amazing Spiderman wasn't really dark, which was fine. It was a rehash of the first Tony Maguire move, which was a shame considering they had filmed other scenes about his parents which were left on the cutting room floor.

Really? I thought it was because Spiderman 3 was such a f***ing mess that they needed a clean slate.

The Amazing Spiderman wasn't really dark, which was fine. It was a rehash of the first Tony Maguire move, which was a shame considering they had filmed other scenes about his parents which were left on the cutting room floor.

Well, that too. :lol:

In all honesty, TM was probably getting on a bit to be a speccy student hero and they're trying to even up the canon with the new SHIELD films.

I honestly think that movie would have been better if they big finale was the Smallville fight, destroying half of Metropolis was so ott it ruined the movie, if it was last movie in a trilogy when they have ran out of ideas I could have forgiven it.

Probably a set up for the next movie. Learner Superman dealing with the consequences etc.

I liked Rorschach from watchmen he was a class superhero. I really like the darker style comic/films to the normal stuff

I thought the original matrix was very good, him finding out about reality and his transformation into the special one or whatever he was called. That's where they should have ended it though because after that the films were mush. I don't go in for films that have endless kicking the shit out of each other. The second and third matrix films were minus a plot and full of unsympathetic characters.
Il give you that, i enjoyed the second. 3rd was a bit naff. check out the animatrix is short films explaining the start of the war i found it really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back