Bird eating spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My fatha's mate had one in a glass tank when I was a youth and it was about the same size as thar like.
They don't actually eat birds btw

Not normally but they're opportunistic so will take a bird if the opportunity arises.

It's just that birds are normally harder to catch :lol:

Last edited:
It's the Golden Orb Spider that eats birds

There's pictures and presumably a video of it doing so on Google

There was a story on the radio about some scientist who was in a rainforest at night and heard what he thought was a small mammal. Turned his flashlight on and saw this fucker. Now, I'm not scared of spiders, but I reckon this would make me run a mile.
Logon or register to see this image

That's either a really bad picture of a fake because that spider does not look real. The bottom one. The top one does.

It's the Golden Orb Spider that eats birds

There's pictures and presumably a video of it doing so on Google

That's either a really bad picture of a fake because that spider does not look real. The bottom one. The top one does.

Bottom one is faked. You can see the RHS is slightly different shade and the gravel is bigger than the LHS. They've basically zoomed in.

There was a story on the radio about some scientist who was in a rainforest at night and heard what he thought was a small mammal. Turned his flashlight on and saw this fucker. Now, I'm not scared of spiders, but I reckon this would make me run a mile.

Lad I shared a house with at University had one in a tank - pretty poor pet really. He had a tarantula, a python and an iguana anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back