Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knew if idve put corbridge you'd put Wallsend :lol:

Yer knew wrang then!

The way people gan on on here you'd think finishing 10th isn't a decent season for Sunderland. Fuck knows why considering the '70, '80s and '90s.

We've even got some mad fucker on here talking about 1950 as a counter argument - it's f***ing 60 odd year back man!

Yer knew wrang then!

The way people gan on on here you'd think finishing 10th isn't a decent season for Sunderland. Fuck knows why considering the '70, '80s and '90s.

We've even got some mad fucker on here talking about 1950 as a counter argument - it's f***ing 60 odd year back man!

Best manager we ever had got us to 7 th twice
& he was a scouser

Best manager we ever had got us to 7 th twice
& he was a scouser

Easily in my lifetime, mate. Takes a proper football head to take a club on the verge of going down to the third tier into one a point from top of the first tier at Christmas. A real achievement. I will always maintain that the players he bought when trying to take us farther were nowhere the top of his list and the ones he wanted wouldn't come here.

Easily in my lifetime, mate. Takes a proper football head to take a club on the verge of going down to the third tier into one a point from top of the first tier at Christmas. A real achievement. I will always maintain that the players he bought when trying to take us farther were nowhere the top of his list and the ones he wanted wouldn't come here.

Along with Skp reidy will always will be legends in these red & white eyes

I will always maintain that the players he bought when trying to take us farther were nowhere the top of his list and the ones he wanted wouldn't come here.

I will always maintain he got lazy, let himself and the team go and thought he could do what he wanted and it showed.

Why sign the likes of Laslandes and Flo and then try to adapt (with Laslandes) and then not bother and sign Flo? Why not just stick to what had done you well and sign the likes of Hartson or a player of that ilk to replace Quinn?

It was more than just some good players turning us down, he signed some utter shit whilst he let players go who had done well for us. He fucked players around like he had done in the past, but by then there wasn't enough to carry us through. He went onto show in other jobs that he was an extremely limited manager and barring a spell at Leeds where another target man was on fire, he was pretty lost without a Quinn or a Viduka.

I will always maintain he got lazy, let himself and the team go and thought he could do what he wanted and it showed.

Why sign the likes of Laslandes and Flo and then try to adapt (with Laslandes) and then not bother and sign Flo? Why not just stick to what had done you well and sign the likes of Hartson or a player of that ilk to replace Quinn?

It was more than just some good players turning us down, he signed some utter shit whilst he let players go who had done well for us. He fucked players around like he had done in the past, but by then there wasn't enough to carry us through. He went onto show in other jobs that he was an extremely limited manager and barring a spell at Leeds where another target man was on fire, he was pretty lost without a Quinn or a Viduka.

Even greats like fergie signed duff players man jesus wept

Just been on SSN there talking about leaving his previous clubs including us in a healthy position when he left and to quote.

"When we finished 10th and I got the sack"

About Hull "We were 2-0 up at Wembley in 10 minutes"

:lol::lol::lol::oops:

I agree to an extent. Those were definitely great days. I remember when he was after a lanky striker from Ajax and people on here weren't happy about it...Zlatan something or other, not sure what happened to him. On the down-side Reidy's relationship with one particular scouse agent based in Monaco was not healthy and bordered on the dodgy side of ethical.

Even greats like fergie signed duff players man jesus wept

Not consistently. Reid messed everything up in his last season and a half, he got lazy. It wasn't like he made just a a 50/50 selection of poor to good, they were mostly woeful.

Too many people getting sentimental over the good times here, forgetting what actually happened.

I agree to an extent. Those were definitely great days. I remember when he was after a lanky striker from Ajax and people on here weren't happy about it...Zlatan something or other, not sure what happened to him..

But that's not true though is it, there were many many fans from here bombarding Zlatan's messageboard with messages wanting and begging him to come, though it was never particularly realistic anyway.

But that's not true though is it, there were many many fans from here bombarding Zlatan's messageboard with messages wanting and begging him to come, though it was never particularly realistic anyway.
100% true. Don't know about other message boards but there were loads on here having a whine at the time.

We looked at signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he was at Malmo, before he went to Ajax.

Anyway, I'm sick of hearing all this bollocks from Bruce about 'being sacked for finishing 10th'.
No Steve, you got sacked for signing for:
  • a host of players with no particular purpose
  • Wasting the finance you were given
  • Winning 2 home games in a calendar year
  • 4 wins in your last 28 games in charge
The last little statistic happened at Birmingham, and is currently happening at Hull aswell (as well as the huge influx of flop signings he has just made)

Last edited:
Not far off if you don't consider (off the top of my head) 10 higher finishes since ww2, including a couple of title challenges

Wasn't far off though was he, mate?

Let's say thhe's at least in the top three managers in terms of league positions since WW2 - what does that say about him, comparatively speaking?

Canny fella. Daft accent. Why do Chris Waddle, Steve Bruce and Micky Gray all sound the same? Does anyone know?

Bruce is falsely claiming our 10th place finish is the best since ww2. If he's going to claim that, it is only right to check our record since then, which incidentally includes the 1950's.

Yer knew wrang then!

Last edited:
100% true. Don't know about other message boards but there were loads on here having a whine at the time.

No there wasn't. Most on here were over the moon with his potential signing and like I said there was a ridiculous amount of Sunderland messages posted on his fansite, mainly stemming from a certain thread on here.

Barring about four people on here most were over the moon with Flo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back