Buckers Bridders and rodders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's a few of the quotes bandied about in late May/early June.

“This squad needs four, five or six regulars - not quantity, but quality,” he said.

“If they cannot do that, okay, but then I definitely will not stay"

The Dutch coach says he would be better off quitting next week if the Black Cats do not agree to a swift and decisive squad rebuilding

He says he will only stay if big money investment is on the agenda.

“If they are not clear on the need to invest, then I had better leave"

“The owner has said that he wants to be challenging for ninth or 10th on a regular basis, and even a little bit higher.

"You have to invest to do that because otherwise you have no chance. You have to invest, and then you can build"

The fact that he did indeed stay suggests that promises were made to him.

Instaban please mods.

There is nothing... NOTHING to suggest that Rodwell will make a centre half. I'm not sure why people continue to peddle this absolute cack.

I honestly think Rodwell's problems are in his head and a few sessions with a sports psychologist would be of immense benefit to the lad. He may be worried that fully committing on the pitch will result in further injury and he may just be having doubts that he can recapture the form that got him his big money City move and England caps.

I honestly think Rodwell's problems are in his head and a few sessions with a sports psychologist would be of immense benefit to the lad. He may be worried that fully committing on the pitch will result in further injury and he may just be having doubts that he can recapture the form that got him his big money City move and England caps.
He definitely has the demeanour of someone who doesn't have confident in himself. Plenty of confidence players out. Not sure we have the squad to give him 5 games to get that out of him. City were able to carry him if needed

He definitely has the demeanour of someone who doesn't have confident in himself. Plenty of confidence players out. Not sure we have the squad to give him 5 games to get that out of him. City were able to carry him if needed

As I say I think professional help would benefit him enormously. Players say they feel good and are looking forward to games but as you say demeanour and body language are far more revealing.

“This squad needs four, five or six regulars - not quantity, but quality,” he said.

The Dutch coach says he would be better off quitting next week if the Black Cats do not agree to a swift and decisive squad rebuilding

He says he will only stay if big money investment is on the agenda.

“If they are not clear on the need to invest, then I had better leave"

“The owner has said that he wants to be challenging for ninth or 10th on a regular basis, and even a little bit higher.

"You have to invest to do that because otherwise you have no chance. You have to invest, and then you can build"

The fact that he did indeed stay suggests that promises were made to him.

Thank you, your Lordship, for setting out, in the clearest possible way, the extent and nature of the apparent deception that has taken place.

I think that everyone was more than satisfied when a very reputable Coach/Manager agreed to reconsider his decision to leave the club and particularly so when he had reached the same conclusion that many fans had arrived at over the course of several seasons - that SAFC are woefully short of the quality necessary to be truly competitive in the Premier League and that significant investment was required to rectify this.

His U-turn indicated that assurances had been given, presumably during the course of the seemingly many phone calls between the Director of Football and himself, which had distracted him from helping Mrs A to find a suitable vase for some flowers she had received, that his assessment had been taken on board and would be acted upon.

It would now appear to be the case that the motto - 'Fine words butter no parsnips' is not one that is well known in the Netherlands. However, I'm sure that the phrase 'Actions speak louder than words' is universally understood and, having watched the undertakings that had been given to persuade him to return be ignored in practice, I can see Advocaat leaving before the end of the season

Unless, of course, Advocaat has agreed to be a part of the elaborate con-trick, for the sake of one last payday. However, my instinct tells me that he is an honourable man and that he will be offended by what has happened (or, more accurately, not happened).

There's a weird thing happens on this forum on a regular basis.

People state what is already known, and appreciated, as if they are the only one who knows.

I doubt there's a single person, on the entire board, who swallowed these 'promises' whatever they're supposed to be.

Stating the blindingly obvious doesn't make you any more wise or realistic than anyone else.

You're assuming, yourself, that specific promises were back to Advocaat when you're actually just guessing.

I see you've been stockpiling quotes, for a while, to back up 'your case' :lol:

Its a discussion forum, posters will inevitably refer to what is already known. However in doing so they are not offering this up as blinding shafts of enlightenment, but rather as support for the basis of their own opinion or viewpoint. I doubt any poster would come on here seeking affirmation of their wisdom.

Lord Alfred may be making an assumption, but he is underpinning his assumption with information that supports the reaching of that assumption

I have no idea whether LA stockpiled his very useful quotes. Perhaps he researched them on the spot using the internet - have you heard about it ? Its great !! There is this thing called Google (I know its a funny word, but bear with me) ....

Last edited:
Thank you, your Lordship, for setting out, in the clearest possible way, the extent and nature of the apparent deception that has taken place.

I think that everyone was more than satisfied when a very reputable Coach/Manager agreed to reconsider his decision to leave the club and particularly so when he had reached the same conclusion that many fans had arrived at over the course of several seasons - that SAFC are woefully short of the quality necessary to be truly competitive in the Premier League and that significant investment was required to rectify this.

His U-turn indicated that assurances had been given, presumably during the course of the seemingly many phone calls between the Director of Football and himself, which had distracted him from helping Mrs A to find a suitable vase for some flowers she had received, that his assessment had been taken on board and would be acted upon.

It would now appear to be the case that the motto - 'Fine words butter no parsnips' is not one that is well known in the Netherlands. However, I'm sure that the phrase 'Actions speak louder than words' is universally understood and, having watched the undertakings that had been given to persuade him to return be ignored in practice, I can see Advocaat leaving before the end of the season

Unless, of course, Advocaat has agreed to be a part of the elaborate con-trick, for the sake of one last payday. However, my instinct tells me that he is an honourable man and that he will be offended by what has happened (or, more accurately, not happened).

Its a discussion forum, posters will inevitably refer to what is already known. However in doing so they are not offering this up as blinding shafts of enlightenment, but rather as support for the basis of their own opinion or viewpoint. I doubt any poster would come on here seeking affirmation of their wisdom.

Lord Alfred may be making an assumption, but he is underpinning his assumption with information that supports the reaching of that assumption

I have no idea whether LA stockpiled his very useful quotes. Perhaps he researched them on the spot using the internet - have you heard about it ? Its great !! There is this thing called Google (I know its a funny word, but bear with me) ....

Sorry, who and what are you?

Objection Your Honour

My learned friend is mistaken that a vase was required during the period of the persuasive phone calls.

So far we've signed 3 of those.

What's your point?

should all be moved on 2bh

Buckley and Bridcutt are no better than Championship standard players

Rodwell has been a poor piece of business! For the money we spent on him we could of got so much better! If we could get most of our money back and invest it on a proper midfielder it would be great business. I cannot see it happening though

Top posting mate ;)

So far we've signed 3 of those.

What's your point?

Who are the three you refer to?

Bear in mind he said quality not quantity and players that improve the starting X1.

Last edited:
A surprisingly negative thread from the OP there.

It's tedious as fuck like.

Repeating the same old shite with a slightly different angle and trying to be 'funny' ffs.

If one of your mates went on like that you'd fuck off sharpish when he went to the bog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back