C2C in a Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wasn't like Perce ... I said long before the date changed from the 3rd that I probably wouldn't make it. Don't pretend you're not happy that you're missing it :)
f***ing gutted marra. I was flying in training. Probs doing about 300 miles a week.Then i get the text off mano. Soz Perc but you can fuck off cos main man Flav wants the 10th. Haven't looked at me bike since.:cry:

I hope some of you fuckers are slower than those who've put their times up from last year! Otherwise I am going to be traipsing into Sunderland on me own afer the rest of yous are full of pizza and pissed.

It looks like the ride is about 123 miles and has a toal climb of about 9,500 feet. The two who've put their times up averaged that at 13-14 mph. There is nee way I am managing that. I had a couple of long training rides at the weekend. Both times about 66 miles and climbs of 3,500 feet and I averaged 12 mph. So basically I am looking at about doubling the distance and knocking on for three times the climb. Nee way am I going to find an extra mile per hour of average speed!
Our average 3 day speed is only 10 mph!

f***ing gutted marra. I was flying in training. Probs doing about 300 miles a week.Then i get the text off mano. Soz Perc but you can fuck off cos main man Flav wants the 10th. Haven't looked at me bike since.:cry:
It's ok marra - Manuel said he wanted a way to cut you out of the ride but he kept bumping into you so I said he could blame me for the switch. And your retirement from the saddle.

BTW Oswald has a bling new fancy bike( very nice) and sure you lads will be able to pester him into giving it an airing on C2C..

Like nailing jelly to the wall !

BTW Oswald has a bling new fancy bike( very nice) and sure you lads will be able to pester him into giving it an airing on C2C..

Like nailing jelly to the wall !
what's he got?

not sure i'll have mine in time for the c2c and sitting on a brand new bike for 12 hours I think might break me.

what's he got?

not sure i'll have mine in time for the c2c and sitting on a brand new bike for 12 hours I think might break me.

Scott...Foil ?
black/yellow and nice and bling.

Think he's kicked Alex( his missus) into the spare room so he can kip with the bike

It's ok marra - Manuel said he wanted a way to cut you out of the ride but he kept bumping into you so I said he could blame me for the switch. And your retirement from the saddle.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.:lol:. I should cry actually.

Nowt wrong with a couple of breathers...I had a couple on Crawlyside with 80+ miles on the legs.

Did Crawleyside last year on the FoL Dublin to Sunderland. Nee breathers needed - but I doubt if my "speed" would have registered on Strava. It was one thing having people walking uphill overtaking me but at one stage the people sitting on the benches seemed to be making quicker progress than me.

anyone on this thread got a caravan near stanhope, heather view?

right lads, just scanning over:

1) manuel
2) monkeytassle
3) big twisty (current major injury doubt)
4) slacky
5) ceejay
6) johnM
7) steveB
8) rocky - driver
9) allotment man
10) flav (current doubt)

is this right? I might get the hotel to scrub off a double if that's the case.

any other takers welcome.
Looks right to me as you say, all welcome, let's get some numbers finalised. Haway Flav get yourself and your mate up here.

we can also try and ride a bit smart so on exposed bits ride ina group and get the stronger lads to lead out.

I think we failed at that last year, particularly the early bits. IMO the crap weather turned it into a bit of a chore, On the times John M bare in mind we had a mega tail wind which was probably worth about 2mph :(.
My very flat ride on Saturday/Sunday frightened me a bit and it looks like I will be relying on a better bike, better nutrition and better health (I'm hoping the fact tat my finger was rotting off may have sapped my strength a bit)
Am committed to start and intend to finish.

Last edited:
Bugger - I was beginning to think that I might be just able to hop on to this at the 11th hour but it has just been confirmed that I will be working in that Cambridge until late on the 9th.

I've bought a tent :)
Are you coming to the TDF too? :eek:
(We need you there as we're pretty close to the full Berwick Sunderland ride crew)

Bugger - I was beginning to think that I might be just able to hop on to this at the 11th hour but it has just been confirmed that I will be working in that Cambridge until late on the 9th.
Drfive up through the night and cycle all day ;)

Are you coming to the TDF too? :eek:
(We need you there as we're pretty close to the full Berwick Sunderland ride crew)
I told you I was! I still have the transcript if you care to doubt me ... and 'too' implies I'll be at the C2C in a day, which isn't confirmed. Stop trying to trick me ... but I now have a portable home to ride up with. I may make it to the campsite at St Bees by the Friday night and join in on the Saturday ... fully laden :)

I told you I was! I still have the transcript if you care to doubt me ... and 'too' implies I'll be at the C2C in a day, which isn't confirmed. Stop trying to trick me ... but I now have a portable home to ride up with. I may make it to the campsite at St Bees by the Friday night and join in on the Saturday ... fully laden :)

:eek: Rocky's bringing the van/mini bus Man. On that topic; Who is starting from Sunderland and who is meeting us at Whitehaven or similar?

I will be at the start......oh yes I am looking forward to it......fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back