Ched Evans to train with Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not saying i know better i'm saying i'm not 100% sure as there seems to some inconsistency. as a lawyer i thought you would appreciate that. i find it strange that everyone wants to turn this into an argument and bring emotion to the table and try to belittle others with a different opinion.

yes she fell over, yes she said evans could join in...

We've been over and over this marra - in this and other threads. It was rape. He went across town and took advantage of a very drunk teenager whom he walked in on naked and screwing his mate and crossed the line to rape. It really isn't that hard. 12-0 from the jury and 4-0 from the CA judges. Now the little rat should man up and apologise...

We've been over and over this marra - in this and other threads. It was rape. He went across town and took advantage of a very drunk teenager whom he walked in on naked and screwing his mate and crossed the line to rape. It really isn't that hard. 12-0 from the jury and 4-0 from the CA judges. Now the little rat should man up and apologise...

yep, multiple threads, multiple posts usually the same debate/points from all of us. nothing wrong with a healthy, robust debate though. i think what i have learned is that the jury would have f***ing hated me if i had been on it...

yep, multiple threads, multiple posts usually the same debate/points from all of us. nothing wrong with a healthy, robust debate though. i think what i have learned is that the jury would have f***ing hated me if i had been on it...

Precisely, some bellends on this site can't see that (in all threads)

i've read the court documents, also seen the cctv footage and i don't think i would have convicted him, that doesn't mean i either support him or blame her. i appreciate she fell in the pizza shop but again the footage of her entering the hotel is very clear. she's lucid, able to walk unaided, returns outside to get the pizza etc... the court documents also clearly state that when evans entered the room he asked if he could join in and she replied 'yes'...

'if' she'd had to be poured out of the cab and carried into the room then sure that may be a different story, but it isn't. the judge and jury both agreed that she was not in a fit state to consent, i'm really not sure if i agree with that and that is my opinion. opinions differ. none of us know what really went on except the 3 in the room (and possibly the 2 at the window but who knows what they saw when and if the footage they may have tells another story).

rape is indeed a very serious crime. the stigma is carried with the perpetrator well after the sentence is served and rightly so. i'd have to be 100% certain of a person's guilt before convicting. i'm not sure i'm 100% in this case.

The only person who said she said "yes" were the men on a rape charge.

As for he rest of your post, I disagree but accept that opinions differ.

That's absolute rubbish - and completely in keeping with your "fall-back" approach throughout this thread of accusing anyone you don't agree with of being a rapist-sympathiser. I do not in any way condone rape and I consider Evans a rapist, him having been convicted by a court. I agree that what he did was very wrong. However, you seem to be suggesting that to appreciate how serious rape is = demanding lifelong villification for people that are convicted. I'm sorry but that's just wrong - we have laws in this country and people are sentenced according to their crimes. My personal belief is that he has served his time and should be able to get on with his life, subject to any ongoing restrictions imposed by law (of which losing the right to continue his career is not one). That certainly doesn't make me a "rapist-sympathiser".

If you think the two offences that you've described are one in the same then you want to get onto the get onto the law-makers in this country, as they are two different offences in law with two very different sentencing parameters

I acknowledged that in my post.

But once a paedophile has served his (slightly longer) sentence, do you think he should be free of lifelong vilification? It's possible that a child abuser who entered a guilty verdict would get a sentence similar to Evans.

Are you opposed to the sex offenders register?

Precisely, some bellends on this site can't see that (in all threads)

tbh the debate on this thread has been fairly balanced.

The only points of contention is when people repeat the same falsehoods over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only person who said she said "yes" were the men on a rape charge.

As for he rest of your post, I disagree but accept that opinions differ.

I acknowledged that in my post.

But once a paedophile has served his (slightly longer) sentence, do you think he should be free of lifelong vilification? It's possible that a child abuser who entered a guilty verdict would get a sentence similar to Evans.

Are you opposed to the sex offenders register?

tbh the debate on this thread has been fairly balanced.

The only points of contention is when people repeat the same falsehoods over and over again.

Yeah, balanced accusing people of rape

EDIT: I'm not saying you

Interesting thread, some very strong points made.

Sex crimes always hit home harder, more so if the crime is against a child, its just our human nature. We are more likely to give a murder a second chance than a person convicted of a sex crime.

Theres a couple of things which doesnt sit easy with me and my wife with this case. First of all was there reasonable doubt, now i am no lawer but i was under the understanding if there was reasonable doubt a not guilty verdict would have to be given, but i may be wrong as like i said I am no lawer. I think maybe the fact he is a public figure, the stories of how some footballers act went against him in his trial, so was the trail fair. The second thing is this "too Drunk" lark, I just cant get my head around how you could decide when you werent even there how drunk someone was, to ask a jury to decide its such a grey area. Another point is how wasnt the other guy done for rape, if she was too drunk to give consent to Evans then she had to be too drunk to give consent to the other guy, as Evans asked to join in, so both should have been up on charges, thats my main concern.

Anyway we live with the rules of law and under that law if your peers find you guilty thats that, so under the letter of the law no matter what anyone here says, he is a convited rapist. What has made me and my wife sick to our stomach is what has happened after his release, of course since its a sex crime there has to be some rules what you can do ( gary glitter couldnt go work in a nursery for example ) So a risk assessment would have to be taken by the parole people, imo playing football doesnt put him in a postion to reoffend or put women at greater risk. So I cant see a reason why he cant be a footballer. Now from what I understand when you serve you time you debt to society is paid and you should be free to continue your life, but it seems this guy is now having a second trial by media and other people sticking there noses in to stop him from moving on. Wrong, the courts decide a punishment not the mob.

Now I would also like to add being released after 2.5 years is disgusting, i have my doubts about the case, but i wasnt there and I trust the 12 jury know more than i do and made there choices, so as he was convicited he should have to serve his whole time, sometimes I just cant understand how one crime ( money type crime etc ) can get longer than sex crimes for example, but i say again when someone has paid their debt to society and the job they want to do isnt related to the crime, that person should be allowed to get on with it, or whats the point in releasing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back