Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it was my daughter I would castrate him using a 3 iron.

It' s up to the employer really. I wouldn't expect football to have many values or morals these days however.

How do you think he was wrongly convicted? Do you have more information than the jury did regarding the cade?

There are plenty of details of the case in the public domain which raise a lot if questions about the conviction. Obviously we don't have the full details and the jury felt they had enough information to convict but I'm very curious as to how they reached that conclusion given that the woman didn't cry rape initially, supposedly had no recollection of events and there was no physical evidence. Plus there is the issue of the other footballer being found not guilty.

Whilst his convicted crime is horrendous I do question how a convict having served their time can become part of society again if people refuse them the opportunity to get back into said society.

For me if he's done the time then he should be allowed to get on with his life - he'll be on the register for life as it is.
He can rebuild his life, but not as a footballer. He needs to look elsewhere for gainful employment, and do what plenty of other convicted sex offenders have to. Put up, and shut up. Nobody wants a convicted rapist plying his trade in a profession where he could idolised by children, or have to come into contact with them, or other vulnerable people. It would send out a dreadful message if they do re-sign him.

if they let a drunk driving child killer back into the game anyone can get back in. gordon strachan had the game sussed during the world cup.

People get jobs after being in prison though, so I'm not sure why it matters what your boss would do.
On the flip side there are also people who need a CRB (Now a DBS) to obtain a job. In essence he could never get a job where he would come into contact with children and vulnerable people in the "real" world. No signing autographs and keep away from the mascots please. There is an argument for both sides, so it depends on the morals of the prospective employers.

He can rebuild his life, but not as a footballer. He needs to look elsewhere for gainful employment, and do what plenty of other convicted sex offenders have to. Put up, and shut up. Nobody wants a convicted rapist plying his trade in a profession where he could idolised by children, or have to come into contact with them, or other vulnerable people. It would send out a dreadful message if they do re-sign him.

Something tells me young Ched may not 'put up and shut up'

http://www.chedevans.com

Rape is a horrendous crime, but by the law of the land, once he has served his time, he is deemed to have been punished sufficiently. If you believe the prison service is there to rehabilitate people, so that they can return to society a better person and therefore less likely to carry out such an offence ever again, then you cannot allow the offender's punishment to go on indefinitely - as another poster has said, his name will appear forever on the offender's register.

Until the crime carries a life sentence, we have to accept that, once the sentence is served, the offender returns to society as a normal human being - that he carried out an inhuman crime is not the point. Asking the victim wouldn't help.

Would I want someone like that playing for Sunderland though? No - so I'm as guilty of double standards as the next person I guess.

On the flip side there are also people who need a CRB (Now a DBS) to obtain a job. In essence he could never get a job where he would come into contact with children and vulnerable people in the "real" world. No signing autographs and keep away from the mascots please. There is an argument for both sides, so it depends on the morals of the prospective employers.

Agreed but Footballers don't require a CRB. I think most peoples argument is that he's allowed back into a privileged position, they wouldn't care if he was cleaning toilets.

All of that being said, I'm probably being a hypocrite as I might feel differently if they player was signing for us, had been convicted of raping someone I knew or if the case was clear cut (it was very dodgy imo).

There are plenty of details of the case in the public domain which raise a lot if questions about the conviction. Obviously we don't have the full details and the jury felt they had enough information to convict but I'm very curious as to how they reached that conclusion given that the woman didn't cry rape initially, supposedly had no recollection of events and there was no physical evidence. Plus there is the issue of the other footballer being found not guilty.
If he's so bloody sure he's innocent, then he should appeal his conviction. Most of the stuff out there to read on the case is on web sites set up by his mates, and they're written to be one sided. He's had his day in court, and was found guilty. If there was enough evidence to prove he didn't rape her, then it would be overturned.

You obviously don't. You've already decided he's innocent. I take it you would be ok about a convicted pedophile teacher going back to work in a school?

That's not the same thing. At all. Going back to school would put him in a position of power and responsibility over those he has been convicted of abusing. A footballer going back to being a footballer isn't. A football club is probably the safest place for him, given how few women work in football.

But aside from that, I also remain sceptical about the conviction itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back