Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he's so bloody sure he's innocent, then he should appeal his conviction. Most of the stuff out there to read on the case is on web sites set up by his mates, and they're written to be one sided. He's had his day in court, and was found guilty. If there was enough evidence to prove he didn't rape her, then it would be overturned.

The stuff they have released is the facts of the case though, they're not allowed to publish an alternate view.

Also, no-one can actually prove that he did or didn't rape her as there was no physical evidence and she had no memory of the night (those are the accepted facts). The case has been judged on the balance of probabilities which seems wrong imo.

And I'm not one of these people who defends footballers or thinks that it's usually women lying, but this case was very dubious imo.

Yes it is. It's a sex offence, and he'll be held up as a role model to young fans.

A teacher is reasonable for looking after children. That would be putting him back in a position where he is responsible for looking after children. It's not even similar.

Agreed but Footballers don't require a CRB. I think most peoples argument is that he's allowed back into a privileged position, they wouldn't care if he was cleaning toilets.

All of that being said, I'm probably being a hypocrite as I might feel differently if they player was signing for us, had been convicted of raping someone I knew or if the case was clear cut (it was very dodgy imo).
I think it is the privileged position that is the moot point. If he was a toilet cleaner, no one would know who Ched Evans was in the first place. Just reading back at your final sentence, or you saying that your "don't employ" policy only fits if you thought it was a cast iron certainty, irrespective of whether they were convicted or not? I don't think that would be the case if I'm honest

I think it is the privileged position that is the moot point. If he was a toilet cleaner, no one would know who Ched Evans was in the first place. Just reading back at your final sentence, or you saying that your "don't employ" policy only fits if you thought it was a cast iron certainty, irrespective of whether they were convicted or not? I don't think that would be the case if I'm honest

I'm not saying I run a company and have a definitive stance on it or that my answer would be consistent. I'm just saying that in this particular case, I think he should be allowed to get on with his career. Like I said, it is hypocritical, but fortunately I'm not in a position where I need to make a definitive judgement on this type of incident.

No but following the case the tweets the defendant posted about "winning big" and boasting about how much money she was going to get seem very suspect
That's fair enough, I didn't know that. I now understand what you mean in your opening post.

I'm not saying I run a company and have a definitive stance on it or that my answer would be consistent. I'm just saying that in this particular case, I think he should be allowed to get on with his career. Like I said, it is hypocritical, but fortunately I'm not in a position where I need to make a definitive judgement on this type of incident.
well whatever the ruling, if someone has been convicted in Crown Court, that rule should apply at all times. Currently there is nothing stopping him playing football, so to me it is more of a moral issue.

60,000 have signed a petition urging Sheffield Utd not to resign him! :?:
What are people's thoughts on this ?

Personally believe he's served his time (and strongly believe he was wrongly convicted)
However could be argued it sets a very bad example of footballers being given opportunities any other convicted person wouldn't
If you have read the information on the case that was posted on here a while back then he was stitched up like a kipper and convicted on little evidence. Time served let him get in with his life I say.

Wouldn't be happy if he was at my club but considering Lee Hughes, Courtney Meppen-Walter and LukeMcCormack have continued their careers I think Evans should be allowed.

Rape is a horrendous crime, but by the law of the land, once he has served his time, he is deemed to have been punished sufficiently. If you believe the prison service is there to rehabilitate people, so that they can return to society a better person and therefore less likely to carry out such an offence ever again, then you cannot allow the offender's punishment to go on indefinitely - as another poster has said, his name will appear forever on the offender's register.

Until the crime carries a life sentence, we have to accept that, once the sentence is served, the offender returns to society as a normal human being - that he carried out an inhuman crime is not the point. Asking the victim wouldn't help.

Would I want someone like that playing for Sunderland though? No - so I'm as guilty of double standards as the next person I guess.
Strange one this, served his time (although some might think it wasn't long enough). One of the lads in the club last night said he should be able to get a job but shouldn't be allowed a well paid job as a footballer.. "What if he started his own business and became a Multi-millionaire, should he be allowed to keep the money then ." I asked. In theory he should be able to make a living doing anything he wants, but it feels uncomfortable if he's in such a high profile profession.

If you have read the information on the case that was posted on here a while back then he was stitched up like a kipper and convicted on little evidence. Time served let him get in with his life I say.

The evidence on Ched Evans.com set up by his family?

He was convicted, there was a victim, and there are others who have been victims of the same crime with different attackers,. Can you imagine what it would be like for them to hear thousands cheering him if he gets a goal?
By all accounts the lass in this case will be too. Yay spending the money she's bagged from the case!

The evidence on Ched Evans.com set up by his family?
Not sure where it was from but even the dorty bassa hotel receptionist who was listening at the door said in his evidence that all parties sounded like they were consenting and enjoying themselves.

My boss wouldn't rehire me, don't see why he should be any different. He's been proven guilty and unless that gets overturned he should be treated the same as anyone else would be.
Perhaps he's just looking for a reason to get shot of you from the organisation!

By all accounts the lass in this case will be too. Yay spending the money she's bagged from the case!

Not sure where it was from but even the dorty bassa hotel receptionist who was listening at the door said in his evidence that all parties sounded like they were consenting and enjoying themselves.

http://www.chedevans.com/

I know his family set up that page detailing all the facts of the case but obviously don't know how selective the evidence is.

People don't normally get convicted unless there's strong evidence against them. Think there was a video on someone's phone or something like that.

http://www.chedevans.com/

I know his family set up that page detailing all the facts of the case but obviously don't know how selective the evidence is.

People don't normally get convicted unless there's strong evidence against them. Think there was a video on someone's phone or something like that.
Families don't normally set up websites to prove innocence, how is Tesfay getting on, is he out the clink yet?

You believe what you want to hear. It's human nature, to make assumptions. The jury spent ages deliberating over this, and found him guilty. I'd be the first to say I was wrong on this, if he got this case overturned, but he seems unwilling to try, and does all his pontificating on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back