Coolest blokes ever...with a quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

“I was in Nashville, Tennessee last year. After the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me: 'Hey, whatcha readin' for?' Isn't that the weirdest fuckin' question you've ever heard? Not what am I reading, but what am I reading FOR? Well, goddamnit, ya stumped me! Why do I read? Well . . . hmmm...I dunno...I guess I read for a lot of reasons and the main one is so I don't end up being a fuckin' waffle waitress.”
Bill hicks

“I was in Nashville, Tennessee last year. After the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me: 'Hey, whatcha readin' for?' Isn't that the weirdest fuckin' question you've ever heard? Not what am I reading, but what am I reading FOR? Well, goddamnit, ya stumped me! Why do I read? Well . . . hmmm...I dunno...I guess I read for a lot of reasons and the main one is so I don't end up being a fuckin' waffle waitress.”
Bill hicks

Love Bill Hicks!!!

Mr Jackson...

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.”

I might be wrong, but should that not be Iniquities? 'Immoral or grossly unfair' makes more sense than 'lack of fairness'. That's how I always read my bible. Both make sense though I suppose.

I might be wrong, but should that not be Iniquities? 'Immoral or grossly unfair' makes more sense than 'lack of fairness'. That's how I always read my bible. Both make sense though I suppose.
Nee idea. Not my quote marra ;)

Bill hicks

Sounds a bit of a bell end. (Yes I am aware that Bill hicks is a comedy god to many people)

He's okay but not as funny as people make out. (IMO)
Totally agree H

He's revered as a god by the SMB hipsters and while I find his musings amusing and sometimes on point, I barely raise a smile.

Oh and that quote was by Sinatra not Martin.

And that other quote by Jackson was a quote of a quote from the bible, so not really a Jackson quote.

Jack Kerouac.

Logon or register to see this image

“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

Logon or register to see this image

"I want to scratch something on the wall of the cave, to leave a grain of something that said I was alive for some pale sliver of a moment in the evening of this species; there has to be something more than just shuffling softly towards the turnstiles with our crosstown transfers to eternity in our hands."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back