Could Lee Cattermole get an England call up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find it totally unprofessional that a lot of premier league footballers can only use one foot.

They train every day so if it does not come naturally too them,then surely as a professional footballer they should practice to be able to kick with both feet in training.

Is that too much to ask for a well paid footballer?

Take cricket for example over the years,bowlers have practiced their batting and bad fielders have practiced their fielding,surely footballers who can only kick well with one foot should practice to be better with other foot.

Even at my lowly level as a forward the must important thing for me as a goalscorer was able to kick equally with both feet as when the ball falls in the box in a tight space you do not have time to switch feet.

So for a professional footballer to be one footed I find that embrassing

that's just something that people say imo, you learn to use both feet as a child or you'll never do it, look at Johnson as an example and remember that 0.01% or academy player turn pro iirc.

so at 14 years old the under 16 coach comes to watch a few games and Johnson has a choice, skin the life out of the full back with his left foot or try to use both feet an potentially be knocked back, it's obvious what will happen and this teaches players that in moments of high pressure to 'do what they know' and that's why particularly in England we'll never develop complete footballers comfortable on the ball imo.

as far as this thread goes cattermole could be excellent for England but there's too much snobbery associated with football, that's why club teams spend fortunes on computer software to bypass the bias of scouts or coaches.

If catts had played and done what Gerrard did against Uruguay roy would be sacked, this is another example of poor management from the top to the bottom of the whole system in the fa and their embarrassing reaction to media pressure.
Computer software? Ehhh whees this like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back