Craig Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really sure why people get so defensive about Gordon. I'm guessing it's a price tag thing, he cost £9m therefore he was a superb keeper?

He was decent, but we've had just as competent keepers for a lot less than he cost SAFC...infact I'm struggling to think of a memorable game he had for us....although in hindsight compared Flo he was a bargain :lol:

Anyway good luck to the lad given all his injury problems, seems like a top bloke.

Not really sure why people get so defensive about Gordon. I'm guessing it's a price tag thing, he cost £9m therefore he was a superb keeper?

He was decent, but we've had just as competent keepers for a lot less than he cost SAFC...infact I'm struggling to think of a memorable game he had for us....although in hindsight compared Flo he was a bargain :lol:

Anyway good luck to the lad given all his injury problems, seems like a top bloke.
I can think of one straight away

Tbf it's the likes of you that saw the 9 million and thought, 9 million. He should be saving everything and scoring 10 goals a season.

I still very firmly believe that if injuries hadn't screwed him, and he'd stayed at SAFC he'd have been up there with Doig and Montgomery. And Lionel Perez.

In reality, if injuries hadn't screwed him he wouldn't have stayed here.

We even lost Mignolet to Liverpool...

Had some good spells here but had rotten luck with injuries, including an abysmal bit of cowardice from Jermain Defoe.

Fair play to him for being mentally strong enough to believe he could make a return, pleased for the lad!

I thought he was nothing special first season- there were not many glaring errors, but not many match winning saves either...seemed generally a decent shot went in, but nothing silly or his fault.

However, towards the end of his 2nd season he had a run of form where he won us a lot of points and was excellent consistently, then it all went wrong with that Defoe tackle on him.

In between, Fulop did a pretty decent job

I still very firmly believe that if injuries hadn't screwed him, and he'd stayed at SAFC he'd have been up there with Doig and Montgomery. And Lionel Perez.

Im a firm believer that every team should have a pool of 4 keepers:

1) established number 1 (sorenson)
2) Steady, reliable backup, perhaps ageing a little (Mhyre)
3) Comical cult hero with stupid hair, unorthodox style, mix of class and comedy (Perez style)
4) Promising youngster who never plays but goes out on loan, and has 2-3 rabid RTG followers who swear he is the next Gordon Banks, before he is released and joins Lincoln city

Last edited:
I thought he was nothing special first season- there were not many glaring errors, but not many match winning saves either...seemed generally a decent shot went in, but nothing silly or his fault.

However, towards the end of his 2nd season he had a run of form where he won us a lot of points and was excellent consistently, then it all went wrong with that Defoe tackle on him.

In between, Fulop did a pretty decent job

Im a firm believer that every team should have a pool of 4 keepers:

1) established number 1 (sorenson)
2) Steady, reliable backup, perhaps ageing a little (Mhyre)
3) Comical cult hero with stupid hair, unorthodox style, mix of class and comedy (Perez style)
4) Promising youngster who never plays but goes out on loan, and has 2-3 rabid RTG followers who swear he is the next Gordon Banks, before he is released and joins Lincoln city
:lol: Like Jon Kennedy....who ended up at Lancaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back