Disneyland Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stayed in the Disneyland hotel. It was absolutely fantastic, as long as you forget how much you paid. Even if young stay there I recommend booking dinner there which is an excellent buffet and there are characters everywhere.

Reactions: PTR
I've just come back from there, stayed in the New York, thought it was really nice. Well placed and a decent pool. Went with the wife and 5 year old, stayed Full Board plus. Came back with dinner vouchers and cash. I would probably just go half board next time.

I've just come back from there, stayed in the New York, thought it was really nice. Well placed and a decent pool. Went with the wife and 5 year old, stayed Full Board plus. Came back with dinner vouchers and cash. I would probably just go half board next time.
I liked that they pump out fragrance in the lobby. Smells posh.

haven't worked out how we're going to do it yet. Was actually thinking of paying for the in-laws to come along so we can all enjoy it, or maybe just having 2 days and leaving her with the grandparents (one night each) - that option is much cheaper!!!

So the trains are about 3 hours for each leg. Assuming I can dovetail, I guess I could cut the total travel time to 7 hours. That's a long time to have kid on your knee.
Leave bairn at in laws and go mad in York or Edinburgh ,the bairn is just as happy eating crayons at that age

Can't believe you're contemplating the train with a 10 month old over flying.

Fly!

You can check in online, get to the airport at your own leisure, leave the bairn in the buggy until boarding. It will probably kip on the plane due to the vibrations. It's a short flight and you'll be landed before you know it.

Can't believe you're contemplating the train with a 10 month old over flying.

Fly!

You can check in online, get to the airport at your own leisure, leave the bairn in the buggy until boarding. It will probably kip on the plane due to the vibrations. It's a short flight and you'll be landed before you know it.
I'm certainly tending that way.
Trains are easier to move around though.

Leave bairn at in laws and go mad in York or Edinburgh ,the bairn is just as happy eating crayons at that age

It's me and the missus who like Disney parks :lol:

I stopped in the western one, hotel cheyenne in easter this yr. I was in Wyatt Earp block :)

Anyhow monday - friday cost us 700 or so quid for a family of 4. Also there was a deal on when i booked which meant we got half board for free. Deal also invluded a free snack as well. Tickets included as well obv.

I thought it was decent value tbh although i appreciate early april is probably off peak.

Flights were the stinger in my case. 880 quid :evil:
Edit
booked hotel thru that magic breaks site n flights thru air France

Also taxis there n back from the airport were reasonable. From memory think it was around 70 euros each way. I pre booked one n ended up with a sri lankan french Southampton supporter

Would you drive? When we go to France I drive to Ashford, stay in a lovely q hotel there then get the tunnel. Drive to Paris is easy. Now I am more confident I would happily do it in one day and may well do at the next half term.

Would you drive? When we go to France I drive to Ashford, stay in a lovely q hotel there then get the tunnel. Drive to Paris is easy. Now I am more confident I would happily do it in one day and may well do at the next half term.

I've driven it before in the motorhome.
But it's too much effort/time with the baby.

Vaguely remember something like that. Didn't go though, just assumed the prices would be astronomical like everywhere else.

Best value drink there is wine. 2 beers costs about the same as a bottle. And the wine is good. That's France for you.

I love flying....when I am on my own! For France I love just lobbing everything in the boot and heading off. But each to there own.

Best value drink there is wine. 2 beers costs about the same as a bottle. And the wine is good. That's France for you.

How much man? :)

I love flying....when I am on my own! For France I love just lobbing everything in the boot and heading off. But each to there own.

Lobbing them in the boot? Are you on about immigrants on your way back?

I generally prefer to myself, so I know what you mean.

Mind, I'm not a fan of flying, too tall and too fat :)

Got back last Sunday, spent a week there.
We bought the fantasy annual passes for 4 of us.

25% off the hotels
10% off at the shops and restaurants.
Magic hours included 8-10am (before the peasants gain access)
£550
We are going back soon, so it makes sense.

Stayed here, which was all you can ask for unless you specifically want the Disney experience, which I don't think is worth the squeeze. http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/pax...p1t1:neg;ws=&gclid=CPefyu2Zi8cCFZHHtAodZi4JUA

I drove and got the ferry from Dover > Calais £110 return.

We missed all the carry on at Dover/Calais, but I'll be doing Hull > Zeebrugge next time. I hate driving in this country!

I priced flights/Chunnel and Eurostar, prices were a joke.

Thinking of staying at the Davy Crockett Ranch next time, it's reasonably cheap in November, add discount aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back