Disneyland Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just read this, and it sounds like what we got

"50cl pichets of house wine for about 8 euros"

That isn't bad then really.

We have just booked for next september in the New York hotel. Going half board. Expensive holiday but the bairn will love it so fuck it.

Reactions: PTR
Has anyone stayed at their hotels?

We went a couple of years ago, but stayed at a campsite about 20 miles away (Jablines) and got a shuttle bus in.

But I'm thinking of going just before Xmas for the missus' 30th Birthday.
I saw the price of the "princess castle" and it was £1,900 for 3 nights for the 2 of us, which seems insane.

Is there a better way to go about it than booking direct?
The 4* New York hotel was about half that price, which I guess isn't too bad if the tickets are included.

Any tips?
Went three years ago, just went into Thomas cook and booked no fuck on, hotel was basic but clean and only stayed 3 nights anyway. Only advice would be to go when its a bit cooler and not as busy, walking for miles and queuing in 35 degrees heat isnt ideal

Went three years ago, just went into Thomas cook and booked no fuck on, hotel was basic but clean and only stayed 3 nights anyway. Only advice would be to go when its a bit cooler and not as busy, walking for miles and queuing in 35 degrees heat isnt ideal
I much preferred my visit in the summer to my one at Christmas. It was soooooooo cold at Christmas. I didn't think it could feel that cold in France, but I was freezing.

I much preferred my visit in the summer to my one at Christmas. It was soooooooo cold at Christmas. I didn't think it could feel that cold in France, but I was freezing.
We went peak time in July, probably around April would be ideal although everything being open might be a problem

Stayed at the Sequoia Lodge (think that was what it was called). Anyway, whatever hotel it was had a pool, which was great for the kids. Wasn't too pricy. Make sure you book in advance for the breakfast / evening meals, as I don't think they accept walk-up's. This hotel / package came with early access to the park and fast track as well, so was great.

The meals in and around the park weren't too bad as far as I remember. As for booze, if driving across you are probably best finding a supermarket in Calais and buying your own.

I'm no Disney fan, but we had a good 3 days there. The hotel was a 5 minute walk as well. The kids loved it.

We went a couple of years ago, but stayed at a campsite about 20 miles away (Jablines) and got a shuttle bus in.

I saw the price of the "princess castle" and it was £1,900 for 3 nights for the 2 of us, which seems insane.

The 4* New York hotel was about half that price, which I guess isn't too bad if the tickets are included.

Any tips?

We went in March. Me, the wife (nar) and 2 Bairns. One is a baby. We booked jet2 flights from Leeds to cdg, and booked Santa Fe hotel (the cars one) and passes direct with Disney all for under 850. It's not as expensive when you get there as people make out. We were half board and you can use your half board pass to eat in the park.

The Bairns and the wife loved it. I'll definitely go back.

Any tips?
In my opinion, save the cash until the bairn is old enough to appreciate it and have a flash weekend away somewhere with just the Mrs.

In my opinion, save the cash until the bairn is old enough to appreciate it and have a flash weekend away somewhere with just the Mrs.

Disneyland IS a flash weekend away with the missue. We're not going for the bairn, that would be daft.

The wife loves the disney parks. I like them too, tbh.

Disneyland IS a flash weekend away with the missue. We're not going for the bairn, that would be daft.

The wife loves the disney parks. I like them too, tbh.
Fair enough, each to their own chief. I'd still leave the bairn at home though!

Fair enough, each to their own chief. I'd still leave the bairn at home though!

If I thought she'd go for it, I probably would. But 3 days / 2 nights (prefer 4/3 tbh), is probably a non-starter with her. Hence why I'd pay for the in-laws to come too, so we can share baby-duties. Absolutely no point going there just the 3 of us, as we wouldn't be able to do owt :lol:

I've also been thinking of just one night in a nice spa hotel too.

If I thought she'd go for it, I probably would. But 3 days / 2 nights (prefer 4/3 tbh), is probably a non-starter with her. Hence why I'd pay for the in-laws to come too, so we can share baby-duties. Absolutely no point going there just the 3 of us, as we wouldn't be able to do owt :lol:

I've also been thinking of just one night in a nice spa hotel too.
http://www.ruddingpark.co.uk/spa/

Stayed at Sequoia and New York New York on my last 2 visits.

New York New York is MUCH better, many more characters and closer to the park.

Sequoia reminded me of Butlins. Packed, queues for dinner, characters getting mobbed, pissed dads and screaming mams.

One of the kids was under 1 last time and we said that she wasn't a good sleeper and could we have a quieter room so that she didn't scream the hotel down
at 4am. We got a suite at the end of one of the floors, which was class! Living room, bedroom, dinner table etc. Wouldn't pay for it, but for nowt it made the holiday.

Tip- a few of the hotel shops sell beer, which is cheaper than the bars. Last time people were going to the shops, buying booze and sitting in the bar drinking it. Not sure if they've clamped down on that yet!

We went in March. Me, the wife (nar) and 2 Bairns. One is a baby. We booked jet2 flights from Leeds to cdg, and booked Santa Fe hotel (the cars one) and passes direct with Disney all for under 850. It's not as expensive when you get there as people make out. We were half board and you can use your half board pass to eat in the park.

The Bairns and the wife loved it. I'll definitely go back.

Can you remember about how much your flights were. It is air france from Newcastle and seems quite expensive.

Stayed at Sequoia and New York New York on my last 2 visits.

New York New York is MUCH better, many more characters and closer to the park.

Sequoia reminded me of Butlins. Packed, queues for dinner, characters getting mobbed, pissed dads and screaming mams.

One of the kids was under 1 last time and we said that she wasn't a good sleeper and could we have a quieter room so that she didn't scream the hotel down
at 4am. We got a suite at the end of one of the floors, which was class! Living room, bedroom, dinner table etc. Wouldn't pay for it, but for nowt it made the holiday.

Tip- a few of the hotel shops sell beer, which is cheaper than the bars. Last time people were going to the shops, buying booze and sitting in the bar drinking it. Not sure if they've clamped down on that yet!

We went the weekend before last Christmas to the sequoia. Quite liked it - Christmassy and liked the big log fire in the middle of the bar. Know what you mean about the Butlins thing though. Breakfast was very basic, bar full of pissed families on the night.

BTW was very disappointed with Disneyland Paris. definitely the poor relation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back