Do you celebrate Christmas?

Aye but with some planning, there's nothing stopping a get-together every few weeks or months. Don't need Christmas for that, just seems like people can't be bothered to plan it at any other time or like you say 'make the effort' to come home... if it was wanted badly enough because it's such a great thing to do, then it'd happen.
Mebbes they like doing it their way as it makes Christmas that extra bit special.

Imagine different folks doing their own thing eh?

Must be awful for you mate.
I lost my mam on Christmas day (many moons ago) and Christmas has never felt the same since.
It's a lot worse for her kids and their children, buying presents for your kids but having your mother's death in the back of your mind.

I usually cba for it, but it’s my first one as a dad so I’m really looking forward to it.

The bairn is only 4 months old by the time
Christmas comes around so won’t know anything about it, but still looking forward to it more than previous years.
Special one, the first one with a bairn. Soak it all up.
Have a really good one marra.😁

I usually cba for it, but it’s my first one as a dad so I’m really looking forward to it.

The bairn is only 4 months old by the time
Christmas comes around so won’t know anything about it, but still looking forward to it more than previous years.
Probably won’t be any different this year, but year they’ll be interested in the tree & excited to see more visitors & stuff.

My son is 4 this year, he got it last year but it’s a new level this year. Was Joseph in his nursery nativity :cool:

Probably won’t be any different this year, but year they’ll be interested in the tree & excited to see more visitors & stuff.

My son is 4 this year, he got it last year but it’s a new level this year. Was Joseph in his nursery nativity :cool:
Really special times as a parent when they are that age.
Enjoy it marra.🙂

He’s interested in the lights on the tree tbf to him, always staring at them when the white lights are on and looks in awe at them.

I get what you mean though, be even better once they’re toddler age.
Good point that.
Did God pay maintenance?
No chance. Just left Mary to it.

Last edited:
I agree that it was always commercial during my lifetime (telly advertsin particular), but social media for example as previously mentioned has taken it to new levels of "our fantastic lives" and one up posts of whose spent the most.
Only if you are on it. How can poor people be on it?
Quite probably, a parental (older person) had far more to plan & consider than getting presents. Nor did they have the media buy-buy-buy bombardment when they were children in the 20s & 30s. Christmas is easy when you're a child but as responsibilities grow it changes. I can see the differences from being a 60s child to today.

Bah Humbug.
I agree, we were just happy to be off school up plarzy.

Last edited:
Used to love it until about 10 years ago and now don't really enjoy it at all.

Always seem to be some niggly, little things go wrong around this time of year, whether its health issues or something like this years niggles which are the sound going off on the tv on every channel but BBC One and the vacuum cleaner suddenly deciding it can't be bothered to pick much up.

Quite probably, a parental (older person) had far more to plan & consider than getting presents. Nor did they have the media buy-buy-buy bombardment when they were children in the 20s & 30s. Christmas is easy when you're a child but as responsibilities grow it changes. I can see the differences from being a 60s child to today.

Bah Humbug.
Agree with most of that, but expectations need to be tempered.
It can still be a wonderful time for children, even if they dont get that dream gift.

Back