Energy prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just bought a thousand litres of heating oil and the price was the lowest it's been for four years.

I pay 140 quid a month which i know is over-paying. I'd rather over-pay tho and have a pleasant surprise when i look to change next year. I look at it as a little saving fund as i'm used to paying it.

judging by other peoples bills it cant be much more

Other people's bills are irrelevant, for your usage, you're paying more, probably the same as being on a standard tariff.

I pay 140 quid a month which i know is over-paying. I'd rather over-pay tho and have a pleasant surprise when i look to change next year. I look at it as a little saving fund as i'm used to paying it.

I'm surprised they haven't reduced your direct debit, or sent you a refund, most of them do it once a year. I'd imagine you're well overpaying at £140 like, mine is about £110 and the heating is on all day in winter as there's always someone in.

Energy prices are unlikely to come down as come May that pillock Ed could be in charge and he's promised to freeze prices. Why would they reduce them and then have them frozen? Most people with an ounce of intelligence knew what would happen.

Petrol prices won't drop too much as the majority of the price is duty and then VAT on top of the duty.

Other people's bills are irrelevant, for your usage, you're paying more, probably the same as being on a standard tariff.

I'm surprised they haven't reduced your direct debit, or sent you a refund, most of them do it once a year. I'd imagine you're well overpaying at £140 like, mine is about £110 and the heating is on all day in winter as there's always someone in.
Don't mind paying a bit extra to have total control and no pisstake bills. We only put on about £30-40 per month combined during the summer and about £80-100 during the winter. Thats with dryer on, 2-3 electric showers a day, and a power hungry tv home cinema(sound like a facebook wanker). Next time I get my annual bill I will check again to see if its worth it

Depends on if they can be convinced that high prices are keeping ISIS`s income going through their black market selling of oil
Interesting political slant on the situation. Wonder what the Yanks are saying to them in the background?

Don't mind paying a bit extra to have total control and no pisstake bills. We only put on about £30-40 per month combined during the summer and about £80-100 during the winter. Thats with dryer on, 2-3 electric showers a day, and a power hungry tv home cinema(sound like a facebook wanker). Next time I get my annual bill I will check again to see if its worth it

TVs use nowt man, presuming it's an LCD anyway. It's always worth it mate, you'll be paying about 20% more, so you'd save £6-8 per month in the summer and £16-£20 in the winter.

You pay for what you have used so as long as you give regular meter readings you shouldn't build up large arrears.

The rates you pay on prep payment will be significantly higher than the customers who pay quarterly or by direct debit.

You pay for what you have used so as long as you give regular meter readings you shouldn't build up large arrears.

The rates you pay on prep payment will be significantly higher than the customers who pay quarterly or by direct debit.

You can even get smart meters these days so you don't even have to give meter readings, my dad has one, it's canny and you can see what you're using and how much it's costing you at any given time.

They make mistakes though and you have to pay for them, they are notorious for it. Unless its 100s of savings then I'll not bother

You can even get smart meters these days so you don't even have to give meter readings, my dad has one, it's canny and you can see what you're using and how much it's costing you at any given time.
a lad had work has one of them meters and it turned him into a bellend, looking at, switch that light off, that showers costing too much etc etc. Unless your poor just use what you nees

I'm on a fixed rate for gas and electric so I haven't noticed any benefit but I'd rather have the certainty of knowing what my bills are. What I will say is I've paid the same amount on direct debit for 2 years now and it's never changed a penny.

Petrol is the same - I put 30-35 quid in a week regardless of the price so I don't really notice that either.

I think they going to give them to everyone over the next few years.

I'm on a fixed rate for gas and electric so I haven't noticed any benefit but I'd rather have the certainty of knowing what my bills are. What I will say is I've paid the same amount on direct debit for 2 years now and it's never changed a penny.

Petrol is the same - I put 30-35 quid in a week regardless of the price so I don't really notice that either.

Have you checked to see if you can switch? I was on a fixed rate with EDF but didn't incur any fees/penalties for switching tariff or to another supplier, the new supplier is also a fixed tariff.

I think they going to give them to everyone over the next few years.

Have you checked to see if you can switch? I was on a fixed rate with EDF but didn't incur any fees/penalties for switching tariff or to another supplier, the new supplier is also a fixed tariff.

No I haven't actually - that's a good point. Cheers.

They make mistakes though and you have to pay for them, they are notorious for it. Unless its 100s of savings then I'll not bother

a lad had work has one of them meters and it turned him into a bellend, looking at, switch that light off, that showers costing too much etc etc. Unless your poor just use what you nees

It's not difficult to check though, it's all on the bill, x number of units at x price (plus a standing charge) gives you your cost.

You're mad paying more than you have to and you also have the inconvenience of topping up keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back