Feelgood factor re the city itself and the footy team ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter lives in Luton, the centre is a mess but there's plenty of nice parts too. Oh and it has an airport and an press train 30 mins into London.

Only nice places are the roads out.
Airport is on the outskirts.
Honestly TB the worst place I have visited albeit describing the Centre itself.

After years of decline and decay and general pessimism, is it too optimistic to suggest things are on the up ?

The city centre looks great with the Keel Square development, Bridges extension including Van Mildert to rival Aphrodite [who says we dont have designer gear in Sunderland}, total revamp of Holmeside, new hotel about to open next to ex IR building, and of course increased employment for our lads and lasses [still along way to go tho]. The ex Vaux site remains a bug bear, but things could start moving there reasonably soon. At least a handy new car park has been temporarily created and that huge unsightly mound removed.

The seafront looks brilliant, and once the new restaurant is finally open and the houses over the road are done it will be something to be even more proud of - newcastle has the quayside, but I wouldnt swap the seafront for that in a million years.

The area around the ground is starting to develop. Not only do we have one of the few Olympic size swimming pools in Europe never mind the UK, but we have a new hotel due to open reasonably soon which will encourage opposing fans to stay over and spend their money in the city and spread the good word of Sunderland's revival.

And now dare I say it, the football club.The first two games were very poor BUT, the performance v Swansea was decent and the away performance at Villa was encouraging. NOW since the Villa game, we have Borini back, plus a decent looking fullback, whilst the new Swede's second half showing at Villa showed he could well be the midfield answer we've been looking for.

We have a great {word is often misused} manager in Dick Advocaat, a good chairman, a fantastic stadium and facilities at the AOL, a superb, well regarded and respected Foundation and of course, tremendous support.

Have things ever looked as encouraging as this on all fronts ????

The doom mongers, professional pessimists and ne'r do wells will no doubt shoot me down, but I feel encouraged and optimistic about both the city's and the clubs future, HTL, HTC and FTBM;):)
Your easily pleased.Everything is built on sand.Still a long,long way to go on both fronts.If you think otherwise your deluded.

After years of decline and decay and general pessimism, is it too optimistic to suggest things are on the up ?

The city centre looks great with the Keel Square development, Bridges extension including Van Mildert to rival Aphrodite [who says we dont have designer gear in Sunderland}, total revamp of Holmeside, new hotel about to open next to ex IR building, and of course increased employment for our lads and lasses [still along way to go tho]. The ex Vaux site remains a bug bear, but things could start moving there reasonably soon. At least a handy new car park has been temporarily created and that huge unsightly mound removed.

The seafront looks brilliant, and once the new restaurant is finally open and the houses over the road are done it will be something to be even more proud of - newcastle has the quayside, but I wouldnt swap the seafront for that in a million years.

The area around the ground is starting to develop. Not only do we have one of the few Olympic size swimming pools in Europe never mind the UK, but we have a new hotel due to open reasonably soon which will encourage opposing fans to stay over and spend their money in the city and spread the good word of Sunderland's revival.

And now dare I say it, the football club.The first two games were very poor BUT, the performance v Swansea was decent and the away performance at Villa was encouraging. NOW since the Villa game, we have Borini back, plus a decent looking fullback, whilst the new Swede's second half showing at Villa showed he could well be the midfield answer we've been looking for.

We have a great {word is often misused} manager in Dick Advocaat, a good chairman, a fantastic stadium and facilities at the AOL, a superb, well regarded and respected Foundation and of course, tremendous support.

The doom mongers, professional pessimists and ne'r do wells will no doubt shoot me down, but I feel encouraged and optimistic about both the city's and the clubs future, HTL, HTC and FTBM;):)

We're bottom of the league mate.

The two lasses who used to work inDolland and Aitchson on high St west in the 90s were canny anarll mind. I reckon the blond one was after me.
Julia ?

Your easily pleased.Everything is built on sand.Still a long,long way to go on both fronts.If you think otherwise your deluded.
So you don't think things have improved at all eh ? Bet you're the life and soul of the party:rolleyes: where did I say everything was tickety boo. Get a grip man

We're bottom of the league mate.
After 4 games - :rolleyes: we're doomed capt mainwaring, doomed I tell yee

Is your Avatar the Bury game?
Yes, won promotion 5-2 sips for four

What do you expect? After all it is owned by Mike Ashley's mob!!
Get back to bhs for yer clothes man ya Feckin jailbird

hehe, yeah the team is currently proping up the rest of the division. Things have never been so rosey!
Fkin he'll man, four games and yer brickin it. You'd have been topper in the trenches.
New lads not give you cause for optimism ?? No ?? Why am I not surprised ?
Twist on 21 you and some of the other whingy pessimists on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julia ?

So you don't think things have improved at all eh ? Bet you're the life and soul of the party:rolleyes: where did I say everything was tickety boo. Get a grip man

Fkin he'll man, four games and yer brickin it. You'd have been topper in the trenches.

Was there mate, hugging SKP on the fence when he scored. Great night.

Julia ?

You will notice that my comment began with a "hehe", as in LOL. you fkin daft tit.

Of course we are only 4 games in, but saying "have we never had things better" etc etc at this exact moment in time is just plain stupid.

You dont get irony do you?

I'm coming home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back