Films that were hugely overlooked/underrated on release

Braindead. Peter Jackson’s masterpiece but me and my two mates were the only people there when we saw it.
Where did you see it?
I went with a couple of mates to see it at the Metro Centre and I think there was only a handful in. Didn't get a wide release mind you.

I have an iPhone 7+ (I know, peasant with ancient phone) and I'm typing this on a 2015 Macbook Air (peasant, etc.)
I also have 3 iPads! :lol:
I have an lovely old Macbook Pro, around 2010 IIRC, that had the NVidia GFX chip fail. It affected all of them in time, though apparently it was NVidia's fault. I did the wired bypass mod (difficult, even with my almost 50 years of electronics experience!) so it uses the Intel GFX, but there's something not right as it slows down and becomes unusable after playing videos for a while. A real pity...

Android is OK, IMO, but I just got into iPhones when I got one given years ago (a 3) and like the interface.
What I don't understand is when discussions about platforms descend into absolute hatefests with personql abuse and even death threats. Yeah, I like my Apple gear, but I'm not an advocate, and I don't give a shit what other people use. There's a poster on here, who shall remain nameless, who wouldn't be seen dead with an Android and thinks his iPhone makes him 'cool'. He won't accept that anything Apple could ever have a bug or design flaw.
A grown man...

I can't see me ever buying from Apple, I get secondhand stuff because I don't care about 'new'. Their prices are extortionate and the quality has gone right down since Steve Jobs passed away.

Sorry for the OT ramble. :lol:
That’s me too. I wish I could get away with Android (they are cheaper).

Good article on Watwrworld and the misconception it bombed

A lot of films are like that, but people tend to count whether a film made or lost money based solely on box office versus budget+ marketing. In reality films have a long life on various forms of home viewing. Mel Brooks tells a brilliant tale of how his production company's biggest box office flop eventually made money decades later thanks to Eastern European cable TV

The Trueman Show

This maybe just in my own head, can’t remember it getting much credit at the time and thinking it would be the usual Jim Carey shtick but it’s not.
great film imo.

Back