First Choice Striker This Season - Fletcher or Wickham?

Who Will Be Our #1 Striker This Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre how many people are suggesting that a player with 4 goals in his last 44 games for us should start as first choice, ahead of someone who scored more than that in his last 6 games.

As far as I'm concerned, Wickham is clearly the man in possession, Fletcher needs to earn his place back in the side, starting by showing that his hunger has returned.

It will be Fletcher IMO who will start the season as the main man.

I would start with fletcher, if he can prove he's got his sharpness back in these pre-season games.

I would go Fletch, but question is who 'will' and I suspect it will be Wicks in the shirt-it's got our name in it

Fletcher if fully fit and with the right attitude. There is really no other alternative at the moment. a 13-15 goal striker is what weve been missing, obviously. Thats what Fletch is.

Jozys confidence is shot to shit, the bench isnt going to do him much good, its possible he might even go out on loan but it could be argued that since at this moment we wont get 100% of our cash back, we might as well hang on to him and see if he improves. If he doesnt, we might lose more, but thats the gamble. If we get the right people in to supply him and they match the way he plays for the "USMNT" then he might have a better 2nd season.

Wickham had a good end of season but to the best of my knowledge hasnt yet signed that new contract yet. If he doesnt I suspect he'll go either in this window or in Jan. Hopefully he'll sign and play a bigger part this year. If so hopefully he can get 8-10 goals.

Bizarre how many people are suggesting that a player with 4 goals in his last 44 games for us should start as first choice, ahead of someone who scored more than that in his last 6 games.

As far as I'm concerned, Wickham is clearly the man in possession, Fletcher needs to earn his place back in the side, starting by showing that his hunger has returned.
Presumably they are joking.

Wickham. Surely the lads confidence is still sky high? Gus isn't looking to sign any strikers desperately so it's a massive vote of confidence for the lad imo. If Fletcher is sharp and injury free then try them together until he snaps his hammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back