First Choice Striker This Season - Fletcher or Wickham?

Who Will Be Our #1 Striker This Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely stunned at the outcome of this poll. If Wickham is going to start this season on the bench, then i definitely wouldn't be signing a new contract if I were him. In fact, I'd be slamming a transfer request on Poyet's desk. Pre-season counts for Jack 5hit, the shirt is Wickham's to lose based on the fact that his goals and performances kept us in the division in the 1st place. Whether Fletcher scored 2 against Darlington is absolutely irrelevant, CW has never been afforded a run of games that Jozy and Fletcher got last year, whilst failing week after week to influence anything. The one time in his Sunderland career that he has started more than 2 successive matches, was the back end of last year, and he banged them for fun.
Fletcher is certainly not being written off by me, he is a natural poacher and a potential impact sub. He offers less than Wickham to the side though, as he just lacks any kind of strength to actually hold the ball up or the pace to turn anybody. CW is much better at making the ball stick, holding off defenders and is actually better at carrying the ball.

Wickham has so much more potential than Fletcher and is better suited to the method we play. Will be extremely disappointed if it is Fletch, who has no pace and no physical presence.

Absolutely stunned at the outcome of this poll. If Wickham is going to start this season on the bench, then i definitely wouldn't be signing a new contract if I were him. In fact, I'd be slamming a transfer request on Poyet's desk. Pre-season counts for Jack 5hit, the shirt is Wickham's to lose based on the fact that his goals and performances kept us in the division in the 1st place. Whether Fletcher scored 2 against Darlington is absolutely irrelevant, CW has never been afforded a run of games that Jozy and Fletcher got last year, whilst failing week after week to influence anything. The one time in his Sunderland career that he has started more than 2 successive matches, was the back end of last year, and he banged them for fun.
Fletcher is certainly not being written off by me, he is a natural poacher and a potential impact sub. He offers less than Wickham to the side though, as he just lacks any kind of strength to actually hold the ball up or the pace to turn anybody. CW is much better at making the ball stick, holding off defenders and is actually better at carrying the ball.
It is a very small sample size so it's hard to say if it reflects how most Sunderland fans feel.

You'd think he'd be better with his head having two of them! If both fit and ready I'd say Wickham offers more, if there's a doubt about CW signing his contract though I can see Gus favouring Fletch.
I hope he does sign a contract, but even if he doesn't surely we would get more money for him from a tribunal if he was doing the business in the Premier League. If we take the huff and ship him to a Championship team it will only diminish the fee we get.

I hope he does sign a contract, but even if he doesn't surely we would get more money for him from a tribunal if he was doing the business in the Premier League. If we take the huff and ship him to a Championship team it will only diminish the fee we get.
True, I just think he'll lose a lot of the goodwill built up last season if he stalls.

I'd let Connor carry on where he left off, with Trampy waiting in the wings for when he fucks up ;)

Regardless of how pre-season and training has been going, I would still play Wickham. None of the managers wanted to play him last season, then when he got a chance, he took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back