Food banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've already said that I was taking the piss with that figure. The fact that you're the second person to take it literally shows how close to the bone it is though.
You hadn't at the point I hit reply though and I didn't fancy editing a decent post afterwards.

Moon stomps ?

I liked it. Toenails with social and political attitude. :cool:

f***ing hell. He really has got something about unemployed people. Next step for Andy is obviously microchip implants for unemployed people to keep a track 24/7.

I've got nothing against genuine unemployed job seekers, i'm one redundancy away from being one. I can never be career unemployed though, I don't meet the criteria.

I've got nothing against genuine unemployed job seekers, i'm one redundancy away from being one. I can never be career unemployed though, I don't meet the criteria.
Don't have a staff?

:lol: ne botha, mate :lol: you must have been for it then :eek:
:lol:

You are right in the case of this lass though, in a lot of cases it seems to be about priorities, and if she's giving you £30+ a week in taxi fares she has them all wrong.

Don't have a staff?

You are right in the case of this lass though, in a lot of cases it seems to be about priorities, and if she's giving you £30+ a week in taxi fares she has them all wrong.
that's just the tip of the iceberg mate, the amount of runs to the dole & back for people signing on is staggering, then they complain they are skint :lol:

f***ing he'll man, I've just provided you with official figures that prove only around one per cent - a tiny minority - of claimants are 'career unemployed', yet you're convinced there's still a significant number conning the DWP.

I shouldn't really be surprised at this contempt you have for the jobless, seeing as you were suggesting on here a few months ago that the unemployed should be monitored daily to make sure they're getting out of bed in the mornings.

A lot of the career unemployed I know wouldn't be in your 60,000. It's just continuous JSA claimants you're counting. The ones who play the system won't stay on JSA for 5 years.

As for the career unemployed being forced to get up and do something, I stand by that in principle, if the resources made it practical, sadly it probably wouldn't be. Shame though. Nice digging by the way, I bet you're gutted you couldn't find anything a bit more interesting, or maybe something I'd regret.

He's just putting words in my mouth. I'm an evil Tory who hates the poor, despite the fact I'm a relatively low paid worker who has only ever voted labour.

We all know there are far more people who are long term unemployed than 60,000, those of us who live here that is.
Forelock tugging doesn't pay too well these days.

Don't have a staff?

Nah, I've always worked and my career isn't being unemployed. I therefore fail to meet the criteria for career unemployed, regardless of any future period of unemployment.

Forelock tugging doesn't pay too well these days.
No idea what that is, I'll take your word for it though.

Nah, I've always worked and my career isn't being unemployed. I therefore fail to meet the criteria for career unemployed, regardless of any future period of unemployment.
Don't say that mate. It's never to late to change careers. Keep reaching for that rainbow, don't listen to the haters, if you want to be career unemployed you can do it!

A lot of the career unemployed I know wouldn't be in your 60,000. It's just continuous JSA claimants you're counting. The ones who play the system won't stay on JSA for 5 years.

As for the career unemployed being forced to get up and do something, I stand by that in principle, if the resources made it practical, sadly it probably wouldn't be. Shame though. Nice digging by the way, I bet you're gutted you couldn't find anything a bit more interesting, or maybe something I'd regret.

It's not my 60,000, it's the official government figures, and even if it's a ball-park figure, its only 5% of the total - a tiny minority.

Unless you've some superior means of counting them yourself, I think we're both on safer ground accepting them as near enough fact. I'm able to, but I don't know why you're not.

Don't say that mate. It's never to late to change careers. Keep reaching for that rainbow, don't listen to the haters, if you want to be career unemployed you can do it!
Nah mate. It's a very exclusive club. The lads I went to school with who haven't worked for more than five minutes at a time in 20 years don't exist.

It's not my 60,000, it's the official government figures, and even if its a ball-apark figure, its only 5% of the total - a tiny minority.

Unless you've some superior means of counting them yourself, I think we're both on safer ground accepting them as near enough fact. I'm able to, but I don't know why you're not.

Is there anyway of finding out how many people there are who have never gone more than a few months of their entire lives without claiming a combination of JSA or incapacity etc?

If so, I'm sure it'll be more than 60,000. How many JSA claimants are there? Before soneone tries to put words into my mouth, I'm well aware the vast majority of JSA claimants will be seeking work.

Last edited:
If you increase the number of food banks and give food away for free, people will use them.
The benefits they have been paid no longer pay for food. What are they spent on instead. Possibly in some cases on car breakdowns, lost freezer stock or whatever, but there are definitely people who just look to food banks so they can buy more ale, tabs, drugs whatever....

If you increase the number of food banks and give food away for free, people will use them.
The benefits they have been paid no longer pay for food. What are they spent on instead. Possibly in some cases on car breakdowns, lost freezer stock or whatever, but there are definitely people who just look to food banks so they can buy more ale, tabs, drugs whatever....
Like all these druggies ? >>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...ho-are-the-new-clientele-in-need-of-help.html

It's a terribly sad reflection on the country.
It certainly saddens me to see it happening.

Is there anyway of finding out how many people there are who have never gone more than a few months of their entire lives without claiming a combination of JSA or incapacity etc?

If so, I'm sure it'll be more than 60,000. How many JSA claimants are there? Before soneone tries to put words into my mouth, I'm well aware the vast majority of JSA claimants will be seeking work.

There might be, if someone was obsessed enough and the figures they've already been given didn't suit them. I'll leave it to you.

No mate. Nobody would ever dream of taking the piss. There's only two or three in each village, you just happen to know them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back