For anyone who doubts football isn't gaining in popularity here in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm confused - is the thread and the figures intended to show that football isn't gaining popularity in the US or that it is?

Time difference is an issue. Saturday sunderland played at 10:00 am my time, and I couldn't watch because my son had a game at 9. Caught part of the second half mind.

Similarly, any mid-week game will be in the middle of the work day here.

It's actually rather impressive to get those numbers on a Saturday morning, especially considering it likely doesn't include many families with kids who play the sport.
That's what I thought. Still, I would take your 10am for my 3am boxing/UFC fight. My eyes burn at that time :lol:

This isn't true
I think once the salaries get better in MLS, there will be an influx of top South American players in the States. COMEBOL is trying to include the US in Copa America and Copa Libertadores in the future and those relationships will only fuel the growth of soccer in the States.

As long as they don't refer to it as the "EPL" I'm all for it.

Ha! The same thing your dim-witted, ignoramus, tough-guy counterparts say about soccer over here. "It's a game for little girls and fags!"

Completely pathetic.

Excuse me, but what is soccer?
Please answer without the aggressiveness as there really is no need for it ;)
Just relax man and have a laugh instead.
If you ever visit this area you will find the most friendliest people on Earth - fact!
I wouldn't let a few lines of text upset you.

It's when you read the opening post,you realise what an intelligent guy Ellis is. He knows that sooner rather than later,our game is going to take off in the US, fuelled by the immigrant population from footy playing countries. With our connections,...we are going to have a high profile! Happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back