Fruit Flies

๐Ÿ˜‚ I used to reach for something to wack them with but by the time I turned back, they'd disappeared. New technique is to not take my eyes off them and squash them with my finger. Bit rank, but more effective!
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™ve just been thrashing about trying an open palm smack and failing miserably. Oooh you must have super quick fingers!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™ve just been thrashing about trying an open palm smack and failing miserably. Oooh you must have super quick fingers!
๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe give the finger squash technique a go? It's actually quite a slow move, you have to creep up on them, point at the fly, then squash! ๐Ÿซต Dead fly! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I got one of those plastic tennis racquet things with a battery powered zapper in it. There's something very satisfying about hearing the little bassas go zzzt when you hit them.
Works for all kinds of flying nasties, even hornets. Good for the reflexes too!
Oh I like the sound of this!

Has anyone on here ever effectively got rid of them?

I'm being driven mad. We've had a few flying around for a while. I've cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. They still come back. Today I got an easy to use trap from Amazon. Basically open lid, shake, dry yellow funnel, done.

Oh no though! Not my fruit flies as they are super clever. First I opened lid but left it next to the trap. Went and had a bath, came back and the fuckers were on the bastard rim of the lid. Not in the trap!!

Binned the lid. Went away again, came back and one was just trotting around the funnel.

Fuming. Pisstakers.

I got one of them in August. Put it next to the indoor bin as per the instructions. Forgot all about it until a week ago as I'd not had a problem with them for a while. When I checked it was full of the little fuckers.

I'm being driven mad. We've had a few flying around for a while. I've cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. They still come back. Today I got an easy to use trap from Amazon. Basically open lid, shake, dry yellow funnel, done.

Oh no though! Not my fruit flies as they are super clever. First I opened lid but left it next to the trap. Went and had a bath, came back and the fuckers were on the bastard rim of the lid. Not in the trap!!

Binned the lid. Went away again, came back and one was just trotting around the funnel.

Fuming. Pisstakers.

Chase them round the house with WD40 and a lighter.

I did! ๐Ÿ˜‚
I wonder if they are coming up the plughole? Iโ€™m always putting cleaning stuff down them so they must be as hard as nails
Practice makes perfect! ๐Ÿคฃ

Yeah they could be tbh. Think I need to send Mr R outside to check the kitchen waste drain incase they are living there then coming up through the sink. ๐Ÿคข

As a young bloke i used to be able to catch them with a jab a decent percentage of times . No where near now with a three swipe combo , pitiful really

Fuming. Pisstakers.

Hmm, tricky

I will have a look at my back issues of Viz, they bound to have a useful tip ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜‰

I find wrapping some double sided tape around some cardboard and swiping at them catches quite a lot. Weirdly satisfying too.
I got one of those plastic tennis racquet things with a battery powered zapper in it. There's something very satisfying about hearing the little bassas go zzzt when you hit them.
Works for all kinds of flying nasties, even hornets. Good for the reflexes too!
Does that actually work on fruit flies? They're tiny. Satisfying on big flies all the same.

Back