Got an interview at Nissan this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but none of them are important. You forget what the car can do. You have to focus 100% on the man guiding you in with his hand signals and within millisecond be able to quickly understand the signals he gives and kind of covert them into actions which is hard to do when you have a difficulty with spacial awareness and general co-ordination as I seemed to have. The spacial awareness thing I think describes my difficulty in knowing where I was meant to place the car to achieve the position I needed to be in to start the parking procedure. The co-ordination issue pretty much I think describes my challenge I faced in trying to convert the signals from a reverse position. So, say I am looking back the guy guiding me in had his left palm outstretched. That means full left lock. With only one finger outstretched that is half a turn left. But the brain's ability to then remember quickly what each signal means and then inform my body what direction it needs to turn the wheel was the challenge. But the moment the hand signal changes you then have to stop the car which allows for a bit of thinking time.

But I am not phased. It is a job I want to do and I think with more time and practice I may just get it right.

Please don't move on to aircraft after this. That will be all of our summer holidays fucked.

sounds as though hes working for NAC moving cars around at Port of Tyne, relatively easy, as usual though hes making himself more nervous about what he has to do, good on the lad if he gets it

You are absolutely spot on! That is exactly who I am working for and that is exactly my problem is. I happily admit to it. The guys whose job it is told me. They are a great bunch of blokes. Really excellent, really patient and most of all honest and truthful. One of them told me not to overthink things. And they are right. I was so worked up that I overthought things. If only I just was able to just...do it. Without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back