Great individual performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

We played Chelsea a few seasons ago in a night game and Anelka seemed to have a complete free role. He was everywhere and completely destroyed us, can remember thinking it was one of the best performances I'd seen against us

By footballers. Doesn't have to be Sunderland

Roy Keane- Juventus v Man United 1999

Dragged his team to the final. Controlled the Juve midfield (Containing Zidane, Deschamps and Davids), despite knowing that he'd miss the final.
Keane did the same v us when we was 2-0 up (3rd in League) just before New Year 2000, the bastard.

As random as they come this like.... Don O'Riordan for Notts. County at Roker Park. Calm, elegant, masterful display.

Last edited:
the one that always sticks out to me is Anelka against us for Chelsea a few years ago.

Might be distorting the truth but from memory he seemed to just dominate the game.
If I remember rightly that was quite early in the season and we came away wondering how anyone could beat them.

I've never seen somebody run as much as Beckham did that game. Was fate that goal like.
Law of averages more like, he'd missed that many free kicks before it that Teddy Sherringham tried to take it off him.
Great performance nonetheless, lead by example did Becks.

Beckham v Greece is the best i've ever seen, Maradona at the 86 World Cup was awesome,Ronaldinho getting an ovation from the Real Madrid fans was special,Beckham tops it for me though he never stopped running and chasing,the free kick at the end was the icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back