Homebrewing - Part 3

If you need any crystal 120 for any recipes give me a shout and I'll put some in the post for you. I've got more than I need.

Sound. I'll let you know. Reckon there'll be plenty of odds and ends ingredients flying about in this thread with loads moving onto all grain. Get a swap shop on the go.

Sound. I'll let you know. Reckon there'll be plenty of odds and ends ingredients flying about in this thread with loads moving onto all grain. Get a swap shop on the go.
Probably got more Carapils than I need as well.

Need to sweet talk the wife into having a drive down Darlington next week so I can pick up a 25kg sack of grain. Anything that would interest her down that neck of the woods?:lol:

Probably got more Carapils than I need as well.

Need to sweet talk the wife into having a drive down Darlington next week so I can pick up a 25kg sack of grain. Anything that would interest her down that neck of the woods?:lol:

Seems like a canny hike for grain that like! Nowhere closer you can pick up from?

There's a place in Felling but he doesn't stock 25kg sacks. Said he can get me one but would need a few weeks notice.
Not easier and just as cost effective to order online?

If you keep your spare grains cooled, dark and well sealed they should last for a fair while even if they're crushed...apparently.

Got a canny first coat of this tanking stuff on today.
Knackered from stirring it though!
Another coat tomorrow and it should be ok, I hope.

I plan on doing both tomorrow. Well get pissed while brewing, not gan out.

@DoctorMick got kernal double citra IPA planned for our second brew like. Hope it's as good as you've said, you supped it all yet?
Nah, still got a decent amount left, trying to savour it! :lol: It is good tho, I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it, I got poor efficiency and final volume but I'm not sure if that was just down to it being my first gf brew or the massive grain bill. Top tip, get a metal paddle to stir in the grains, plastic is shite and with that grain bill it will struggle.

Back