Homebrewing - Part 3

At quarter past 8? Daft as a brush ye lad! Have fun tho. What you brewing?

Blagging it mate, haven't got a clue what any of this shit means really. :lol:
Boil about to go on.

He'll be shitfaced by the times he's finished man! :lol:
And?:lol:

You're a sadist mate, this late on a Saturday night. If you remember cleaning up i'll be disappointed.
What time did you finish one of your brews on a school night?:lol:

Boil about to go on.

And?:lol:

What time did you finish one of your brews on a school night?:lol:

We started at 9 on our first brew, and it was about 4-ish by the time we were gan to bed. Had to be up for graft at 6.30 the day after anarl :lol:

Could have hoyed a sick day in but my gaffer is one of the lads i brew with :lol:

I can't be arsed to brew today, too hungover after overindulging at a beer festival so the esb will have to wait until next weekend.

How did the brew come along @Wilfy? Sounds like a nice stout recipe, think I'd have added a but more chinook at 15mins but that's just me, I'm very hop heavy.

I can't be arsed to brew today, too hungover after overindulging at a beer festival so the esb will have to wait until next weekend.

How did the brew come along @Wilfy? Sounds like a nice stout recipe, think I'd have added a but more chinook at 15mins but that's just me, I'm very hop heavy.
Canny, forgot to take a reading though, gurgling away like a good un.

Fingers crossed I completed the work on the garage leaks today. Will find out next weekend when I open the door I guess.

Quite small for now. Since I'm probably going to limit myself to 10L brews (someone's excellent idea on here).
You're welcome. ;)

What's the dimensions of the garage? I'd be interested to find out how much space you need to have a 3 vessel setup incase the grainfather packs up in a few years.

You're welcome. ;)

What's the dimensions of the garage? I'd be interested to find out how much space you need to have a 3 vessel setup incase the grainfather packs up in a few years.

I haven't measured it, but its pretty big.

But I will expand into proper mashing sooner or later. There's plenty of space for it, easily so.

Quite small for now. Since I'm probably going to limit myself to 10L brews (someone's excellent idea on here).

I think the one I looked at said 35L. Actually, its 32L - http://www.brewuk.co.uk/32l-stainless-pan.html
Reviews imply 23L boils are ok - I'm a bit wary about that - but 20L should be easily do-able once I've got my eye in if I do start to run large batches.
My plastic boiler holds about 30l and I got 23l in the fermenting bin last night. Got a kit and my first AG to bottle up this week, I hate bottling!

My plastic boiler holds about 30l and I got 23l in the fermenting bin last night. Got a kit and my first AG to bottle up this week, I hate bottling!

I'm going to have a workbench with a proper bottler mind. None of this 2-handed capper crap.

Back