Hot tubs

I’m intrigued about which street now….I have heard 1 or 2 things a while back but it was more to do with a couple being into that sort of stuff. Hadn’t heard about late night hot tub parties :lol:
Not sure if it's classed as Goldfinch or is one of the smaller side streets. Our lasses mate reckons she was propositioned on the school run at ELP.

Friends upgraded theirs from an inflatable to a proper one and the wife, without consulting, agreed to buy their old one for a ton.

Had to store it under the trampoline for 4 months as couldn't put it up due to building works.
Eventually spent a day cleaning the khunt and getting it set up and the bairns used it twice. I asked them to and they said they couldn't be bothered.
Turned it off before we went on holiday in August and it's not been back on. Water will be minging now.
Checked the usage while it was on and basically doubled my usage. So I'll probably get rid next year.

Mind, it was nice when I went in. Didn't half soothe me aches and pains.

The neighbours backing on to our garden have one 20 feet from our back door and we have to put up with the constant electronic hum of the pump or filter whatever it is. It's a very low sound but its constant (24hrs) & quite evasive. You can even hear in our house with doors & windows shut.

Being so close we can hear their kids splashing around in the pool when its in use but they didn't seem to use it very much this summer as the novelty of it is probably wearing off. A lot of people who have them say that it does.

I noticed too that everything seemed to have been switched off by the end of August unlike last year when they first got it and it ran until late September / early October. I wouldn't have liked to have paid their leccy bill. I have a feeling that we might hear even less of it next summer.

Bit like rtg Dubai threads etc this.

Plenty owners think theyre great.

Folk who dont have one: shite, full of piss/spunk etc.

Sods law a client owns a hot tub company now. Had i known him then id have saved a couple of grand.
No regrets like.
Went to Dubai once. Didn't particularly like it, but to say it is full of piss and spunk would be an unfair criticism.

Yep. Next to the little seating area.
Well now we can all find the house and I'm sure someone in here will know them. Or will try to get to know them.

We bought our cottage with one already installed in a separate garden area. We’re surrounded by fields and the views from the tub are stunning. My wife and kids love the tub as do friends who come to stay. Once you’re in it’s a wonderful way to relax with music and wine. Our bills are at least double when it’s running.

We got a hot tap fitted outside, fills up without allvthe leccy to heat the water up.Much quicker and cheaper.
That said, doesnt get used much.
We did that too.
I put all the numbers in a spreadsheet and figured out its miles cheaper to just empty and refill with 40C water and add the chemicals than it is to reheat the water using the heater.

And no, its not cheaper to "keep it quite warm" all the time, and just crank it up when you want to use it. That's not how thermodynamics works.

Hardly used our inflaty one this year - the weather has just been dogshit. Raining all the time, and I can't keep up with how many times the rain stopped at the weekend and then the wind started.
Still enjoy it though, nice bottle of wine and the radio. Bliss.
The one we hired was just like a paddling pool really. It had no back support in the walls and the bottom was very thin. Even though he'd put a thin foam mat underneath, I could still feel the patio under my bum. It blew cold air through the holes, so it soon felt cool sitting in it. It just wasn't comfortable at all.
Fair points. We bought seats to put in ours as it isn't all that comfy otherwise.
The bubbles are just the air from outside, so aye its cold - that's the same in all hottubs though?

Last edited:
We did that too.
I put all the numbers in a spreadsheet and figured out its miles cheaper to just empty and refill with 40C water and add the chemicals than it is to reheat the water using the heater.

And no, its not cheaper to "keep it quite warm" all the time, and just crank it up when you want to use it. That's not how thermodynamics works.

Hardly used our inflaty one this year - the weather has just been dogshit. Raining all the time, and I can't keep up with how many times the rain stopped at the weekend and then the wind started.
Still enjoy it though, nice bottle of wine and the radio. Bliss.

Fair points. We bought seats to put in ours as it isn't all that comfy otherwise.
The bubbles are just the air from outside, so aye its cold - that's the same in all hottubs though?
You n yer f***ing spreadsheets ptr 😂

You couldn’t pay me a million quid to get in one with a bloke like. Regardless who else is in aswell.

To me if your up for that then your up for docking and that.
There are some alleged swingers on our estate who have one. They're often still in it when I'm on my way home from work at 2am. I've never had an invite yet like.
I rest my case Your Honour

Last edited:
We bought our cottage with one already installed in a separate garden area. We’re surrounded by fields and the views from the tub are stunning. My wife and kids love the tub as do friends who come to stay. Once you’re in it’s a wonderful way to relax with music and wine. Our bills are at least double when it’s running.
That sounds like the place to have one-fair play

We did that too.
I put all the numbers in a spreadsheet and figured out its miles cheaper to just empty and refill with 40C water and add the chemicals than it is to reheat the water using the heater
Out of interest, if you're emptying it every time. Why do you need chemicals?

Mate went all out a few year back spent 15k on a tub and enclosure the whole works, told me today his was great for first 6 months used it a lot, but only used twice this year and he looking to sell tub says biggest waste of money wish he never bothered.
Anyone still using theirs?
I set ours up in the warmer month school holidays. It’s made out of dense foam panels so I can put it away if I want to. It gets hammered when it’s out but I dare say it would get boring if it was out all the time.

Back