How many dance routines do you know?

Was at a wedding do at Beamish Hall yesterday and the DJ pretty much stuck to a playlist of wedding disco classics.
One lad from work took over floor and led the dancing for the likes of The Macarena, Saturday Night, 5,6,7,8 etc. He's an otherwise normal lad in his thirties.
About thirty years ago I might have just about managed the moves to Whigfield and could probably achieve a half arsed YMCA but the rest has passed me by.
Has anybody else got all the moves to impress the ladies?

A nice fat round zero

Correction on reading one of the posts: The Hokey Cokey. So… one

Correction: I was informed recently that an understanding of the Hokey Cokey enables a fair representation of the majority of traditional Catalonian community dances. So… hundreds.

The yanks have a song / dance called the electric slide that I had never heard of before I moved there. First time I saw it was at a works Xmas party and there must have been 100 people straight on the floor doing it, perfectly in sync. I've never felt more foreign.

Not me but My Wife and Daughter are experts at this stuff, cha cha slide being the favourite. I can’t get my feet going in the right direction and inexplicably forget my left from my right 🤬.
They learned this ⬇️ recently as they seem to play it at every party / wedding we go to. Took them a few minutes to perfect it, i was out after 30 seconds, f@ck that 🤣

Last edited:

Back