How things change!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all see negatives. But some people look for them when they aren't there. Supporters is a term which is self explanatory. Not blind optimism but support. Some need to step taking out there sad life on my football club.

We can all see negatives. But some people look for them when they aren't there. Supporters is a term which is self explanatory. Not blind optimism but support. Some need to step taking out there sad life on my football club.
Ive been saying this for a while. What's the point of going to the game when after the first misplaced pass or tackle your up in arms calling everyone shit (not you I'm on about the doomsayers or "realists" as they like to call themselves). It can't be any fun for them and it certainly dosent help the team. I go into every game thinking we can get a result fair enough the majority of time I'm dissapointed but it dosent stop me thinking the same again next week. If I didn't I'd stop going

At no point have I abused him I may have accused him of having an over inflated ego and assuming intellectual superiority but there was no abuse just reasoned argument. My point was from this thread and others he's started/posted on is he seeks abuse for some reason

Sorry - but I think there's a slight misinterpretation here - I was in no way alluding to you - the "Why abuse? " was directed to everyone in general in all threads. I get pissed off when you make some comment, and (in summer especially) someone comes along calling you a whatever - even though I must admit I've abused a couple of posters more than once for criticising one particular player or the (to my mind) stupid threads about"better going down to the championship" - which really boils my urine.

After the Norwich game we were in dire straits, short was having our pants down and dicks tactics were questionable. Fast forward a fortnight and two draws in which we were second best, the signing of a lad from a mid table French club and the return of Borini and all of a sudden there's talk of this being our best squad since we returned to the premier league and that we should secure our safety more comfortable than usual.
Are these signings really good enough to turn the season around or are the fans getting ahead of themselves again only to end up disappointed?
For what it's worth I think we'll just about sneak survival again but it's going to be another long hard slog.

Could be said too many read into the start of the season too much. I do think it's quite apparent that going forward this is the best we've had in years, we have options without having to take into account Graham/Fletcher. Got to hope a not too changed defence can get right again. Again I think Kaboul and o'shea will be strong and experience will show, give it a couple more games.

I might be daft for being optimistic but I like to have a little hope rather than thinking doom and gloom.

Time will tell.

Sorry - but I think there's a slight misinterpretation here - I was in no way alluding to you - the "Why abuse? " was directed to everyone in general in all threads. I get pissed off when you make some comment, and (in summer especially) someone comes along calling you a whatever - even though I must admit I've abused a couple of posters more than once for criticising one particular player or the (to my mind) stupid threads about"better going down to the championship" - which really boils my urine.
Ok bud my apologies I misunderstood your post

Could be said too many read into the start of the season too much. I do think it's quite apparent that going forward this is the best we've had in years, we have options without having to take into account Graham/Fletcher. Got to hope a not too changed defence can get right again. Again I think Kaboul and o'shea will be strong and experience will show, give it a couple more games.

I might be daft for being optimistic but I like to have a little hope rather than thinking doom and gloom.

Time will tell.
I think Borini coming in will really help PVA which in turn will help out a problem for us. Lens hasbt really provided much cover thus far so is going to have to improve that side of his game. I worry our midfield is still a little one paced and the fact we have no real target man is also a concern given how direct we are.
Good post though mate. Nice to have someone put their point across without getting all worked up.

I think Borini coming in will really help PVA which in turn will help out a problem for us. Lens hasbt really provided much cover thus far so is going to have to improve that side of his game. I worry our midfield is still a little one paced and the fact we have no real target man is also a concern given how direct we are.
Good post though mate. Nice to have someone put their point across without getting all worked up.

Without PVA doing a lot different I'm sure we will all feel he is back to the steady form of last season with Borini covering, obviously with the capability of controlling a ball when passed to him though.

Personally, I don't mind Lens not tracking back and concentrating on doing what he does best as that's going to be the quickest way he settles in and 2 assists and a goal so far is good for me.

One paced I'm not sure, having a midfielder in M'Vila that can actually pick a pass and dictate the pace by setting free Lens/Borini is great. I really think we've missed a CM that can get a control on the game and he does it for me, early days I know. Rodwell will rediscover some of his young aged form seeing how confident M'Vila plays, I hope.

Without PVA doing a lot different I'm sure we will all feel he is back to the steady form of last season with Borini covering, obviously with the capability of controlling a ball when passed to him though.

Personally, I don't mind Lens not tracking back and concentrating on doing what he does best as that's going to be the quickest way he settles in and 2 assists and a goal so far is good for me.

One paced I'm not sure, having a midfielder in M'Vila that can actually pick a pass and dictate the pace by setting free Lens/Borini is great. I really think we've missed a CM that can get a control on the game and he does it for me, early days I know. Rodwell will rediscover some of his young aged form seeing how confident M'Vila plays, I hope.

Very optimistic - but that's how I feel as well:)

I'm also dying to see these 2 full-backs (PVA & Yedlin) breaking the speed limit up the wings and putting in killer balls

I'm happy at the end of the transfer window, after concerns not a lot was going to be done. I can see some real positives ahead and after the first two games of the season there have been some improvements.

Keep that smile mate! Another week of feeling eager and optimistic and a few more like us, SoL will be roaring against Spurs!

I'm also dying to see these 2 full-backs (PVA & Yedlin) breaking the speed limit up the wings and putting in killer balls
Yeah and that in itself may force opposing teams fullbacks to stay a little more disciplined as the last thing they'll want is them two haring past them when they've already got borini and lens to keep an eye on

Yeah and that in itself may force opposing teams fullbacks to stay a little more disciplined as the last thing they'll want is them two haring past them when they've already got borini and lens to keep an eye on

As long as they do it at the right moment and when they have cover - look what happened to man Utd at the weekend - Luke Shaw was their most incisive attacker - but Swansea exploited the space behind him - but what the hell - let's go for it.

It's because we have gone from absolute doom and gloom to hysteria in space of a fortnight based on not a great deal if I'm being honest.
Not about looking intellectually superior it's just yet in to look at things objectively.

I usually do this numerous times during every Sunderland game ....never mind a fortnight , it's just the way we are.

After the Norwich game we were in dire straits, short was having our pants down and dicks tactics were questionable. Fast forward a fortnight and two draws in which we were second best, the signing of a lad from a mid table French club and the return of Borini and all of a sudden there's talk of this being our best squad since we returned to the premier league and that we should secure our safety more comfortable than usual.
Are these signings really good enough to turn the season around or are the fans getting ahead of themselves again only to end up disappointed?
For what it's worth I think we'll just about sneak survival again but it's going to be another long hard slog.

Go and walk on a busy road blindfolded.

If the OP believes the clubs hand wasnt forced by the awful start to the season and both DA & the fans reaction theres even he must admit hes the windey up merchant we all know him to be.

That's how it is with football fans,because they love their club,any signings you hope for the best and naturally get very optistimic,yes probably too optistimic but hey that's what football fans do get ahead of themselves because they get excited their club has signed players.

Sometimes only natural for fans to get ahead themselves,nothing wrong with that IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back