I hope we take a best practice commercial approach to appointing the Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARLOS CLASS

Striker
Looking at some of the recent appointments, it is difficult to envisage a set of sensible past performance and leadership criteria to manage SAFC that were satisfied by the likes of PDC etc.

I really hope the club are going to be much more forensic in their examination of candidates versus a carefully thought out profile for the ideal appointment.

Question is - is there anyone at the club capable of such thinking, detailed preparation and professional execution?

Looking at some of the recent appointments, it is difficult to envisage a set of sensible past performance and leadership criteria to manage SAFC that were satisfied by the likes of PDC etc.

I really hope the club are going to be much more forensic in their examination of candidates versus a carefully thought out profile for the ideal appointment.

Question is - is there anyone at the club capable of such thinking, detailed preparation and professional execution?
do you trust a man with the limited experience of Congerton to make such an appointment...........?

I certainly have grave doubts............

We're more likely to take a worst practice commercial approach - give the job to your mate.

do you trust a man with the limited experience of Congerton to make such an appointment...........?

I certainly have grave doubts............

My view is that he should be involved, but that the club should hire should external expertise to professionalise the process so that we understand with much more granularity exactly who and what we are appointing in terms of track record, approach, intellect, leadership, dealing with difficult personalities, motivating and inspiring others to higher levels of performance etc etc

On this board, for example, many are just nailing their colours to the mast of a name without proper background understanding of all the potential candidates. Proper due diligence is needed, we have to get this right

My view is that he should be involved, but that the club should hire should external expertise to professionalise the process so that we understand with much more granularity exactly who and what we are appointing in terms of track record, approach, intellect, leadership, dealing with difficult personalities, motivating and inspiring others to higher levels of performance etc etc
Of course he should otherwise what is he doing here in the first place...........I just have grave doubts about the inexperience of him in the position he has at the club............

Of course he should otherwise what is he doing here in the first place...........I just have grave doubts about the inexperience of him in the position he has at the club............
So get some help......it's a massive decision, it has huge repercussions. There is massive value to be had in doing this, cost negligible in the scheme of things. Not getting this help would show weakness IMO, ES should insist on it

I think he is a candidate, but there are many. He is one that should be looked at it detail - I've seen the points made re the telegraph articles etc and these indicate many positive traits, but much much more can be done to ascertain the depth and quality of these traits and to compare him to other potential candidates

So get some help......it's a massive decision, it has huge repercussions. There is massive value to be had in doing this, cost negligible in the scheme of things. Not getting this help would show weakness IMO, ES should insist on it

I think he is a candidate, but there are many. He is one that should be looked at it detail - I've seen the points made re the telegraph articles etc and these indicate many positive traits, but much much more can be done to ascertain the depth and quality of these traits and to compare him to other potential candidates
Indeed but the point is if we have to have a DOF surely we can get someone in with experience not a scout whose done it for 5 minutes..........

Indeed but the point is if we have to have a DOF surely we can get someone in with experience not a scout whose done it for 5 minutes..........

The point is that Congerton was appointed as he is seen as having certain strengths (or at least I would assume that is the case). He clearly doesn't have a track record of making successful Head Coach appointments.

My point is he should ask for help, if he did it would raise rather than diminish his standing in my eyes

Come on now Streaks. Congerton has held the position of SD since 2011. that is hardly "5 mins"

This is a positive I agree, but hardly a track record. Circumstances were desperate and short term
he has made one decision and got it right . he can't be blamed for there being a lack of decisions to make in that area....
only on this board :rolleyes:

Come on now Streaks. Congerton has held the position of SD since 2011. that is hardly "5 mins"
hes been at one club in that position and been here for just over a year.............
Doesn't inspire me in the slightest......

he has made one decision and got it right . he can't be blamed for there being a lack of decisions to make in that area....
only on this board :rolleyes:

I'm not "blaming" him for anything. I'm simply saying that this is a massive decision for SAFC and should be approached with the rigour appropriate the significance of it.

he also wasted all our summer budget on a crock.........0% record............ ;)
Signed Pants; Gomez , Defoe, vanAanholt and got Larsson to renew. also got rid of Altidore .

I'm not "blaming" him for anything. I'm simply saying that this is a massive decision for SAFC and should be approached with the rigour appropriate the significance of it.
and I'm sure it is. why do people always assume the worst of the club?

he has been SD at 2 clubs for a combined total of around 4 years
think you will find Arneson was SD at Hamburg from the date you quote and LC was TD underneath him so he wasn't calling the shots...............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Congerton

Signed Pants; Gomez , Defoe, vanAanholt and got Larsson to renew. also got rid of Altidore .

and I'm sure it is. why do people always assume the worst of the club?
And wasted all our budget on a crock.........and this will be the Defoe who stated he came here as he knew Poyet from Spurs.........

Gomez has hardly been that great has he filled in when hes had to but no great success to crow about..

And as for only using one PL loan.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back