India

Status
Not open for further replies.

They have manners so don't do it with the hand they wipe their arse with

Only puffs get ill that's why ;)

Aye but that was off you!!!

It wasn't me doing the groping this time :D

I've a mate that lived in Chenai for 5 years and his missus had to carry a rape alarm about with her when she was out alone

I'd go back mind

Erm amazing food, fantastic architecture, beaches, the colour and buzz of the streets? Nah fuck it, its a bit dirty....

Considering that 99% of people who go here get ill from the food, I think i will give it a miss.

Also lasses getting sexually assaulted and lets not mention the poverty.

Seems it's best for women to keep away then

f***ing horrible pervs they are

Strange how we are talking about £400 flights been good to gan over there, while some of them have saved up about 3 pence, to get dropped in Calais, so they can cling to a boiling hot exhaust pipe on a HGV to get over here. Still, it's free movement i suppose

I had no idea you could fly there so cheaply. Less than £400 return to Delhi/Mumbai if you go around Easter time next year. Dirt cheap when you get there an'all.

It's not somewhere I've ever thought of visiting really - has anyone been? My mate says you have to go for 2 and half/3 weeks minimum because you'll probably spend four or five of those days being sick and shitting yourself.

I've spent a total of four weeks in India, with one trip of 17 days, plus two trips of a week. That only got me a sample of the north of the country.

One week allows you to sample the Golden Triangle at best, Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and if you're lucky you might get a day in Ranthambore and Bharatpur nature reserves. That's the traditional quick visit tourist circuit and is still something else.

Two weeks allows a good sample of probably Rajasthan. Alternatively, head east via Agra to Varanasi (never got there), possibly Sarnath in Bihar (Budda giving his first sermon after enlightenment) or cutting towards the Himalayas to enter Nepal for Pokhara, Chitwan National Park and Kathmandu.

For a real adventureif you've 2.5 weeks, you can do the overland Manali to Leh trip over the Himalayas, possibly squeezing in Amritsar and McLeod Ganj (home of Dalai Lama in exile). Leh and Ladakh is basically a mini-Tibet without the Chinese. I've done that and wow, but beware of altitude sickness.

Alternatives are Goa for beach lovers, or Kerala (lots of boat trips) and Trivandrum for a more Hindu deep south culture.

You need a minimum of six weeks to sample (i.e. touch the surface) of the whole of India.

The big cities can be full on with lots of touts in tourist areas. This puts a lot of people off. However, surviving the initial culture shock allows you to see under the surface to a real mindfuck of a country that can culturally blow your mind.

Stomach bugs can be avoided quite easily, as some of the better eateries and restaurants are up to western standards and still pretty cheap. I got through all three trips with at most a slight tummy upset on the 17 day trip.

You can either opt for an organised trip in any of the described areas or do it yourself, using local agencies (Rough Guide, Lonely Planet) say for the Manali - Leh overland or anything offbeat. You can use the good train network to travel between cities quite cheaply.

Women travellers should team up as one or two Indian men see western women as 'easy'.

I had no idea you could fly there so cheaply. Less than £400 return to Delhi/Mumbai if you go around Easter time next year. Dirt cheap when you get there an'all.

It's not somewhere I've ever thought of visiting really - has anyone been? My mate says you have to go for 2 and half/3 weeks minimum because you'll probably spend four or five of those days being sick and shitting yourself.

I know a few techy nerds who have done their Microsoft qualifications in India............you could fly to india, stop in a nice hotel by the beach for 18 days, do your MCSE/etc with one-to-one training, all for about half the price of classroom training in the UK

Went for 2 weeks in January this year and it was one of the best holidays i've been on. Stayed in Kerala region in the south so avoided the huge cities. Only hassle we ever got was the odd person asking the missus to join in with their group photos or trying to take sneaky photos. Stunning scenery. Stayed in home stays and met some great people, food was amazing, never got any Delhi belly. Just use that liquid hand sanitiser before eating and handling money and your fine. Id love to go back and see more.

I've spent a total of four weeks in India, with one trip of 17 days, plus two trips of a week. That only got me a sample of the north of the country.

One week allows you to sample the Golden Triangle at best, Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and if you're lucky you might get a day in Ranthambore and Bharatpur nature reserves. That's the traditional quick visit tourist circuit and is still something else.

Two weeks allows a good sample of probably Rajasthan. Alternatively, head east via Agra to Varanasi (never got there), possibly Sarnath in Bihar (Budda giving his first sermon after enlightenment) or cutting towards the Himalayas to enter Nepal for Pokhara, Chitwan National Park and Kathmandu.

For a real adventureif you've 2.5 weeks, you can do the overland Manali to Leh trip over the Himalayas, possibly squeezing in Amritsar and McLeod Ganj (home of Dalai Lama in exile). Leh and Ladakh is basically a mini-Tibet without the Chinese. I've done that and wow, but beware of altitude sickness.

Alternatives are Goa for beach lovers, or Kerala (lots of boat trips) and Trivandrum for a more Hindu deep south culture.

You need a minimum of six weeks to sample (i.e. touch the surface) of the whole of India.

The big cities can be full on with lots of touts in tourist areas. This puts a lot of people off. However, surviving the initial culture shock allows you to see under the surface to a real mindfuck of a country that can culturally blow your mind.

Stomach bugs can be avoided quite easily, as some of the better eateries and restaurants are up to western standards and still pretty cheap. I got through all three trips with at most a slight tummy upset on the 17 day trip.

You can either opt for an organised trip in any of the described areas or do it yourself, using local agencies (Rough Guide, Lonely Planet) say for the Manali - Leh overland or anything offbeat. You can use the good train network to travel between cities quite cheaply.

Women travellers should team up as one or two Indian men see western women as 'easy'.

Think I'd rather go to Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back