Is planet earth hollow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye I might've got me miles and kilometres mixed up, but my point stands. Deep Seated earthquakes still shouldn't occur, if conventional geology is adhered to.

They should. The mantle is 3000 km thick.

The structure of the earth was actually defined by many years studying earthquakes / seismic waves. There is no way of drilling to prove the structure.

So, if it was hollow, why would they make the current theory up? What's the benefit of that?

Ah thank god, I need not go anywhere. I have all the geology experts on the RTG flexing their brain cells for me. ;)

Last edited:
Basically the wind is caused by fluctuations in atmospheric pressure, that would allow mixing of air, but only to an extent. The Poles are much less 'polluted' from the rest of the world because of their placement on the Earth's axis, the air isn't churned around as much as it is headed towards the equator. Not impossible to find radioisotopes around or even on the South Pole, but for them to be able to be measured in ice cores that's an unusual amount. I can't say for sure that it backs up the Hollow Earth Theory, but it is intriguing since it's an unusual find.

They should. The mantle is 3000 km thick.

The structure of the earth was actually defined by many years studying earthquakes / seismic waves. There is no way of drilling to prove the structure.

So, if it was hollow, why would they make the current theory up? What's the benefit of that?

Didn't realise the mantle was supposed to be solid. In fact it's semi-solid and at those depths of the deep earthquakes, it's supposed to have the properties of a liquid or toffee. So how can earthquakes occur at this molten rock level? Either the seismic readings of deep earthquakes are wrong or our understanding of the underlying processes of the structure of earth is wrong, can't have both.

Didn't realise the mantle was supposed to be solid. In fact it's semi-solid and at those depths of the deep earthquakes, it's supposed to have the properties of a liquid or toffee. So how can earthquakes occur at this molten rock level? Either the seismic readings of deep earthquakes are wrong or our understanding of the underlying processes of the structure of earth is wrong, can't have both.

The mantle is solid to about 3000km due to pressure. As I said, our knowledge is based on seismics. If someone can prove it's hollow then good luck to them.

I'm off to do some colouring in.

Me too :D. It's supposed to be eternally tropical with constant sunshine. A bit like a never ending Lilt advert.

Screw that then, I'm naturally red haired, in the sun I go from pink through to red, peel and back to whitish blue - unless there is actually lilt, and java in abundance :lol:

You've not tried my toffee ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back