Jersey Royal Tatties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely love them. Not quite as good as they used to be, but still right up there.
i agree. the mrs got a couple of bags today. i am promised steak pie, jersey royal tatties and veg on saturday.

mmmmmmmm

Cannit see the fuss about your Jersey Royal there, or English asparagus. The true king of the spring veg in my very humble opinion is the purple sprouting broccoli.

Did some on the BBQ last weekend, quick boil then wrap in foil with basil salt and olive oil and bake on the BBQ. Lush and I don't normally like new potatoes

How can a potato not be as good as it used to be?!?!

I was in Jersey last year and the answer is this

For years the ground was treated with seaweed which was left to rot down, the practice was stopped about 10 years ago so the spuds have lost a bit of the jersey taste

Three girl potatoes go for a night out, leaving their dad at home.
Come the end of the night, the first girl potato comes home and says to her dad "I've met this boy potato and he's asked me to marry him". So the dad asks "what's his name?" And the girl potato says "Royal Jersey". The dad says "go off and get married, that's royalty that is".
Then the second girl potato comes in and says to her dad, "I've met this boy potato and he's asked me to marry him", so the dad asks "what's his name?", and the girl potato says "it's King Edward dad". Again the dad says "go off and get married, that's royalty that is".
Then the third girl potato gets home and says to her dad "I've met this boy potato and he's asked me to marry him". So the dad asks "what's his name?" And the girl potato says "John Motson". The dad says "you can't marry him". The girl potato bursts into tears and says "why not dad, we love each other" and the dad replies "it's because he's a commentator"
:D

Cannit see the fuss about your Jersey Royal there, or English asparagus. The true king of the spring veg in my very humble opinion is the purple sprouting broccoli.

Agreed on the asparagus. I've been eating Mexican asparagus lately nad it's just as lovely. Youre wrong on the spud, mind; the Jersey Royal is second to none.

I love purple sprouting broccoli, I do, but come on now, asparagus, it is so so nice.

I was in Jersey last year and the answer is this

For years the ground was treated with seaweed which was left to rot down, the practice was stopped about 10 years ago so the spuds have lost a bit of the jersey taste
I did not know this fact

Grow your own PSB Cat and you'll never look back.
it's a dream, I used to help my father in the allotment but nowadays I only look at a plant and it dies

I'm hoping to get my roof garden sorted soon and the gardening team at my work have said they'll set me up with a fool proof garden :)

:eek: each to their own dear;)

Your back then?

No, I just think you are imagining me you filthy puppy

it's a dream, I used to help my father in the allotment but nowadays I only look at a plant and it dies

I'm hoping to get my roof garden sorted soon and the gardening team at my work have said they'll set me up with a fool proof garden :)

No, I just think you are imagining me you filthy puppy
how did you guess:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back