Joining a union?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What has new laws got to do with it? As I've said, unions have been rendered almost powerless to change things these days. That doesn't mean there is not a need for them, quite the opposite, they are needed more than ever. Companies that are making millions are using the financial crisis as an excuse to erode workers pay and conditions.

Yes... my attitude is responsible for the financial crisis and the inequality we currently observe. What new laws are present as a result of unions, laws that protect the worker as you say? I am defining new as the last decade. Unions are nothing but a pain in the arse for the working class, they are redundant the majority of time and the times they are needed a moral consensus develops which forces change one way or another.

Parental leave

Do you believe the working man will be in a better position 10 years from now if trade unions ceased to exist Monday morning?
I don't think the working man will be in a better position regardless of whether there are unions or not. In the next decade or two it is going to come down to it because global capitalism has set in and the majority are beginning to feel the results of it. Capitalism is only good for the minority.

Do you moan when your colleagues are on holiday and you are covering for them, or would you rather they didn't get paid time off?

He certainly can. Regardless of any other workers getting shafted as a result of it.
My mistake. I thought you were using that law as an example of the good unions have done.

I don't think the working man will be in a better position regardless of whether there are unions or not. In the next decade or two it is going to come down to it because global capitalism has set in and the majority are beginning to feel the results of it. Capitalism is only good for the minority.

So everybody just should sit back and wait till be shafted??

Do you not realise you have just stated why unions are required more than ever?

Do you moan when your colleagues are on holiday and you are covering for them, or would you rather they didn't get paid time off?
No, because we all get the same holidays and wouldn't ring the other lads up laughing about blatantly taking the piss during our hols. The lady realised he was taking the piss but as u say its up to him. Selfish twat

What has new laws got to do with it? As I've said, unions have been rendered almost powerless to change things these days. That doesn't mean there is not a need for them, quite the opposite, they are needed more than ever. Companies that are making millions are using the financial crisis as an excuse to erode workers pay and conditions.

I would say the yardstick for movements or unions are what they achieve, in a society that is regulated by law I would say the notable achievements of unions in the past were to establish better conditions and better pay for workers, equal rights etc. What have they done recently?

As an excuse? They aren't eroding away their pay, the cost of living is climbing at a rate that does not meet the wage. That is a result of inflation that is caused as the value of currency decreases when it is flooded with money that doesn't have any value at all.

Do you not realise you have just stated why unions are required more than ever?
Unions don't do anything, as I have said and as history shows, the moral consensus is the prime factor which drives change. Unions, are just another cat in there to cream some of the milk.

So I or anybody should feel guilty for taking time off that is rightly due to me?
I take it that you wouldn't feel any guilt at all about other lads having to cover your work.
Getting back to the point. You used the new award as an example of a law the unions have successfully fought for. I was pointing out that it was a fcking stupid "right" to bring in.

So everybody just should sit back and wait till be shafted??

You vote for this system, you want this system, by being part of it you want it more than anything. Joining a union is like an oxymoron, if you want change the whole system needs to. Inequality is rife throughout the world but because we are beginning to feel it here we should join a union and do what?

The basic ethos of a union is a good thing to support fellow workers and get the best deal they can for them workers.

However in my experience and must stress my experience most union reps I have come across are the lazy bastards who do nowt but twist all day about trivial matters therefore giving unions a bad name.

I take it that you wouldn't feel any guilt at all about other lads having to cover your work.
Getting back to the point. You used the new award as an example of a law the unions have successfully fought for. I was pointing out that it was a fcking stupid "right" to bring in.

I certainly wouldnt feel guilty about taking time off I was rightfully owned:lol:

And just cos you have had to do some extra graft at work due to your employers incompetence doesnt mean it was a stupid right to bring in

The basic ethos of a union is a good thing to support fellow workers and get the best deal they can for them workers.

However in my experience and must stress my experience most union reps I have come across are the lazy bastards who do nowt but twist all day about trivial matters therefore giving unions a bad name.

Thats the civil service for you

My union at my last place fucked everyone over when it came to redundancies and look after themselves and their mates, so would never join one again ever, it was UNITE by the way. f***ing arseholes.

I'll admit I've never been in a union but last year when our lass needed union help I found them to be woefully innefective in a situation which any reasonable person would have seen as an obvious case for their full support.
Once we'd resolved the matter ourselves they suddenly showed some interest.

You would be entitled to exactly the same time off if and when you become a father, unless of course you can't have kids, which may explain your bitterness.

No, because we all get the same holidays and wouldn't ring the other lads up laughing about blatantly taking the piss during our hols. The lady realised he was taking the piss but as u say its up to him. Selfish twat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back