Just invested some money in a pal's tattoo removal business...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mere fact your mat is looking for investment should set off some alarm bells if it was lucrative as you seem to believe

It'd be a silly investment tbh. Most tattoo shops now offer laser removal, so unless you're going to set up a posh clinic and appeal to a clientele that doesn't exist in the SR postcode then you'll get very few customers. If someone comes into our shop looking for tattoo removal then we've got a lad who does it for us, so we recommend him. Where is an independent practitioner gonna get their recommendations and referrals from? Not any tattoo shop in this town, cos they've all got their own people.

Just what we need, another tattoo thread. While your at it why don't you gan in PF and start one on Borini too

Apparently people from SR postcodes have the highest concentration of tattoos inked within the last 5 years per square inch on the body than any other postcode in the country.

:lol: Aye, I remember reading that. It was in all over the papers just after the most recent "People with the most tattoos per square inch of their bodies in the last five years and where they live" survey that Yougov regularly does.

It's not going to fill your clientele with confidence is it? Having the facilities to remove them in the same shop you get them in. It's almost saying they're going to regret it.
It'd be a silly investment tbh. Most tattoo shops now offer laser removal, so unless you're going to set up a posh clinic and appeal to a clientele that doesn't exist in the SR postcode then you'll get very few customers. If someone comes into our shop looking for tattoo removal then we've got a lad who does it for us, so we recommend him. Where is an independent practitioner gonna get their recommendations and referrals from? Not any tattoo shop in this town, cos they've all got their own people.

It's not going to fill your clientele with confidence is it? Having the facilities to remove them in the same shop you get them in. It's almost saying they're going to regret it.
People who get laser removal are usually only getting the tattoo faded to a point where it can be covered with a different tattoo, normally because they had a shit tattoo done when they were 15, or back when they thought a cannabis leaf would be a great image to get permanently inked on them. Very rarely do people actually hate having a tattoo, per se, rather they hate having a shit tattoo.

Printing money basically. Apparently people from SR postcodes have the highest concentration of tattoos inked within the last 5 years per square inch on the body than any other postcode in the country. Surely this can't last? Tattoos are a daft fad, like the Atkins Diet and flared jeans, and anyone daft enough not to capitalise on the growing industry of tattoo removal is a daft scratter really.
I like it, sure to be huge demand in the future. Take it to dragons den - go nationwide !!!

Apparently getting one removed is more painful than having it done in the first place
I can attest to this.

Brilliant results with the right guy using the right kit. Hurts like a sum bitch mind - daft shite wrote FTM in big blisters in me arm on my first session!

Probably depends on where it is.

Arm or leg or torso might be reasonably ok but mate of a friend of mine had 'Irish Mist Whiskey' tatted on the underside of his nutbag + a Tricolour along the seam.

Would reckon that lot are there for keeps.

People who get laser removal are usually only getting the tattoo faded to a point where it can be covered with a different tattoo, normally because they had a shit tattoo done when they were 15, or back when they thought a cannabis leaf would be a great image to get permanently inked on them. Very rarely do people actually hate having a tattoo, per se, rather they hate having a shit tattoo.
I got mine faded for a cover up n it hurt twice as much as the tattoo.. Was covered in 50p sized blisters after the first session. only small ones on sessions after that mind but still knacks!! This was about 6-7 yr ago so lasers might have changed a bit now.

Pretty much this^

Its like a strong lacca band been snapped against you, only about a thousand times in one sitting!!

I got mine faded for a cover up n it hurt twice as much as the tattoo.. Was covered in 50p sized blisters after the first session. only small ones on sessions after that mind but still knacks!! This was about 6-7 yr ago so lasers might have changed a bit now.

Wow, 50p sized blisters???
It must have moved on since then like. Im getting some done but thankfully I havnt had owt like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back